A fully qualified Service Technician will be responsible for performing start-up services, troubleshooting and repair activities on natural gas and light oil-fired industrial boilers both (i) in the field at customer sites and (ii) at Thermogenics’ fabrication facility, located in Aurora, Ontario.
Typical duties include performance test firing, electrical work, start-ups and service calls on boilers, feed-water systems, water softeners and air pollution control equipment.
WHY JOIN US?
- Competitive compensation
- Company truck
- Dispatched from home
- Paid overtime if evening and weekend work required
- 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays
- Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, Short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare and dental care
- Retirement Savings Plan matching
- Family culture including volunteerism, Christmas party, golf tournament, BBQs and more
- Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes test equipment, meters, and their own mechanical abilities to fire boilers and related equipment to ensure proper operation prior to and during installation.
- Performs independent start-up of boilers and related equipment.
- Conducts field service calls to perform start-ups, troubleshooting, repair or other service related activities as needed.
- Performs basic electrical and mechanical repairs on boilers, auxiliary equipment.
- Communicates well to new and existing customers to determine the nature of boiler specific problems, provide equipment training, explain services and operation, and provide technical support.
- Completes required field service reports which document work performed, nature of problems, hours worked, etc.
- Develops and maintains good customer relationships. Looks for sales opportunities and equipment improvements. Represents and promotes Thermogenics in a professional manner.
- Exhibits a commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
- Requires some overnight travel and overtime.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & EQUIPMENT SKILLS
- A safety first mindset.
- Communicates effectively with customers, contractors, sales personnel, as well as other shop and service employees.
- Familiarity using electrical and mechanical equipment for test and repair.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, combustion analyzers, and welders.
- Ability to manage accurate and timely administration of labour and material expense reporting.
- A Level 1 gas license (required)
- OB 2 oil license
- Experience in boiler manufacturing
- A college diploma in a related field an asset
- 3 years previous field service experience an asset
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have Canadian Citizenship.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the role are typical of an on-site Service Technician in industrial settings often in extreme heat.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation:
Hours of work depend on the service call schedule required by our customers – we do our best to ensure each Service Tech is assigned at least 40 hours/week. Overtime (e.g. evening and weekend) work will become available as required by the business and paid at overtime rates. We expect to compensate the successful candidate at hourly rates consistent with market and based on experience. The role is entitled to 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays.
Location: Aurora, ON Our Service Technicians are provided with a company vehicle and are dispatched daily from their homes. They are not required to start and end their day in Aurora.
Hiring Accessibility: We are an equal opportunity employer. Thermogenics welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- industrial equipment field service: 3 years (Preferred)