A Canadian owned company, Nova Pole International Inc. designs, manufactures and markets steel and aluminum poles for use in highway and street lighting, traffic signals, transmission towers, high mast and sports lighting poles. Nova Pole’s new head office and manufacturing plant is located in South Surrey.
Nova Pole has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, experienced, full time Quality Assurance Assistant with excellent communication and time management skills.
The Quality Assurance Assistant, working closely with Nova Pole’s QA Manager, will be responsible for accurately maintaining documents and records, preparing for Customer audits and ISO audits.
- Review steel mill certificates to ensure steel is in compliance with our specifications.
- Maintain an up to date database of Supplier’s steel mill certificates and all QC records.
- Act as quality assurance contact person for third party inspections, and customer audit of the BC plant.
- Coordinating third party welding inspections.
- Review Customer specifications and populate QA sheets with inspection/quality requirements for production to ensure we maintain compliance with Customer specifications.
- Fill out NCRs, CARs, and performing root cause analysis on non-conformances and monitor for any related trends.
- Manage Quality Assurance filing systems.
- Any other duties assigned by the QA Manager.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a QA environment, preferably in a manufacturing environment
· Knowledge and understanding of ISO Standards and Procedures and documentation
· Familiar with NDT, Mill Certs, Metallurgy
· Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines and thrive in a busy, high volume environment.
· Ability to read drawings.
· Strong analytical skills with attention to detail is required
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Experience in ERP an asset
· Familiar with Safety Policies and Procedures
Nova Pole offers a competitive salary along with extended health and dental benefits and a company RRSP Plan.
No phone calls please.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note there is limited transit access.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care