Sika Canada inc. offers an extensive product portfolio ranging from roofing systems, concrete admixtures, concrete repairs and strengthening systems, sealing and bonding materials to high performance industrial flooring systems and waterproofing solutions for below-grade concrete structures. In parallel to the production of construction materials, Sika's industrial products division - Industry - is a technology leader in elastic and structural bonding and in the manufacture of adhesives, sealants and acoustic materials serving the transportation, industrial, marine and automotive sectors. Sika Industry provides application solutions for the automotive (cars, trucks, bus and, specialty vehicle), rail, renewable energies, marine, building envelope, window and door industries and much more. In 2007, Sika Canada inc. decided to integrate Sarnafil, a company specializing in thermoplastic membranes and roofing systems. Then, in 2019, the company acquired King Packaged Materials, a leading independent Canadian manufacturer of shotcrete, mortars and solutions for concrete.
The Product Manager is responsible for driving a portfolio of new product development projects. He (she) will be responsible for assessing market needs and trends, defining product strategies and operational requirements, managing the product lifecycle, and ensuring the successful execution and delivery of product launches and enhancements.
- Responsible for Product Creation, Product Maintenance, and Trading Product processes within their product portfolio.
- Full responsibility to conduct market research and analysis to determine size and attractiveness of product markets and application fields. Understand Sika’s product market share versus competition, measure it, and make it grow.
- Plan, coordinate and support all marketing activities including contact with Corporate Marketing in Switzerland, the Technical Departments of other Sika companies and external bodies such as associations, testing institutes, external influences, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all product packaging, labeling issues, product datasheets and other product literature and electronic media.
- Submit proposals to VP and the Expert Team for work to be carried out by R&D on all aspects of product development and maintenance.
- Motivate, support and provide focus to the sales team to assist them in achieving our local and corporate objectives.
- Actively participate in the creation of business cases and strategic deployment of new products including channel considerations, pricing and business models.
- Measure overall effectiveness using the metrics of profitability by target market, sales and margins versus budget, market share, and focus product sales.
- Responsible for the growth and profitability of assigned products and target markets.
- Provide the sales and marketing input into the 3YP, the annual budget and the various corporate questionnaires submitted to Sika Group.
- Actively support Product team in evaluation and evolution of products/offers, both existing as well as new program developments.
- Develop and report monthly market performance in accordance to objectives of assigned portfolio, including regional performance.
We Need Your Skills
- University or College degree in sales or marketing field of study, appropriate training or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in sales and/or marketing of technical products and/or in the marketing field.
- Must be able to perform in a work environment with multiple deadlines and stakeholders. Ability to prioritize is a must.
- Skilled with digital marketing tools such as company website development platforms; proficiency with CRM (e.g. Salesforce), Email Blast Platforms (e.g. Mailchimp), and Google tools (e.g. Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Documents) is an asset.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Technical experience in construction is an asset.
Product Engineering / Product Management