Vega is a premium, award-winning brand at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. We are committed to bringing sustainable plant-based nutrition to the world and we’re proud to be part of the B Corp™ movement; a commitment to meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
As the AR Credit Specialist, you take pride in making every customer interaction a positive one. You take customer service seriously while having fun at work with the Vega team. You value integrity, customer service; you take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven. You not only love the culture, but contribute to it. Health and fitness is not something you read about, but something you live.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Trade, Compliance and ROSD (Returns, Overages, Shortages, Damages) Credit policies, processes and procedures
- Process high volume Credit Requests; Debit Notes / Invoices / Refunds into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system within specified timelines
- Provide support, reporting and KPI tracking for Trade, Compliance and ROSD deductions
- Support systems and software implementations
- Support the success of the AR Team through key periods of change by having an infectious, positive and can-do attitude
- Support process improvement, by collaborating cross functionally and executing ideas with strong understanding of lateral impacts
- Review Trade, Compliance and ROSD transactions and support problem solving while following established accounting processes and procedures
- Investigate requests and work with Account Managers to acquire approval for credits / deductions
- Assess and determine the documentation required to comply with controls while processing credits. Request support documentation / deduction back-up as required.
- Support reconciliation of all customer accounts; proactively collaborate with AR team members to ensure Credits tied to Deductions are issued in a timely manner
- Invoice creation, EDI and auto invoicing customers
- Support Accounts Receivable Team by performing ad hoc duties as required.
- Provide coverage and support other AR functions in the event of unexpected increase in transactional volume.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Completed courses in Accounting or Business Management
- Experience working in a high-volume data entry environment
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Exceptional time management skills and thrives working under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change, problem solve and think outside the box to get results
- Intermediate knowledge with MS Office (Excel: vlookups, pivot tables)
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP systems (NetSuite knowledge is an asset)
- Self-motivated team player
- Pleasant and professional demeanor
Vega is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working at Vega, however, only candidates under consideration for opportunities with Vega will be contacted to participate further in this process. If you are contacted and you require any accommodation in the recruitment process due to a disability, please indicate this and we will work with you to meet your reasonable accessibility needs._
Job Type: Full-time