Dedicated to creating experiences our team members and guests are amazed by, the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is always looking for people who can help bring our mission to life. We are looking for a Banquet Chef de Partie with a passion for food, as well as personal and professional growth.
Who we are:
- We are the number one Tourist Destination in Vancouver
- We are passionate about creating experiences guests and team members are amazed by
- We offer a casual West Coast cuisine, featuring fresh ingredients, Ocean Wise seafood, craft beers and BC wines
What you’ll get:
- Competitive wages and tips
- Free coffee, tea and fountain pop with your reusable cup
- While on shift, 50% discount on food
- 30% discount at the Trading Post gift store
- Access to various team events #TeamCapGroup
- Guest passes for friends and family
What you’ll do:
- Liaise with the Sous Che, F&B Manager and Sales & Marketing teams to ensure tour and event meals are planned and catered for
- Prepare and cook meals with consistent standards of food quality and customer satisfaction,
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment,
- Maintain a clean kitchen and work area,
- May assist with menu planning, determining the size of food portions, costs and ordering supplies,
- Always represent the interests and values of the Company in the workplace.
Who you are:
- You have 2 years of previous kitchen or cooking experience; formal kitchen training considered an asset,
- You are passionate about food and rounding out the total guest experience at the Park,
- You have strong communication skills,
- You’re able to work in a fast-paced environment,
- You have Food Safe Level 1 certification.
- Able to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays, to meet the needs of the business,
- While performing the duties of this position, team members are required to be on their feet for extended periods of time,
- Working outdoors in all types of weather,
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 50lbs and safely operate kitchen equipment,
- Occasionally required to lift and climb a step ladder or step stool.
The Capilano Group comprises of retail, hospitality and tourism-based businesses anchored by Capilano Suspension Bridge Park in North Vancouver. The Capilano Group’s portfolio includes Moraine Lake Lodge, Moraine Lake Trading and Cathedral Mountain Lodge in the Canadian Rockies, Stanley Park Pavilion, Stanley’s Park Bar & Grill and Prospect Point Cafe and Gift Shop in Stanley Park, Vancouver and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, Capilano Trading Post in North Vancouver.
Job Type: Full-time