iCheck, Canada's leading facility maintenance company requires handy and skillful technicians to complete preventative and emergency general maintenance, repairs, and installations in the commercial, retail, restaurant and residential sectors.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Facility maintenance and/or general handyman work including: painting, minor drywall repair, ceiling tile installation, carpet and ceramic tiles repair/installation, minor carpentry, annual inspections, lock replacement/repair and other duties.
- Estimate medium and potential larger jobs i.e.) repairing or renovating storage room.
- Residential installation and assembly including: playsets, blinds, screen doors, gazeebos, etc.
- Performs assembly for customers. Completes assignments as agreed and assures customer is completely satisfied.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all customers.
- Maintains effective method of contact with dispatcher via cell phone, email, etc.
- Reports and/or handles customer complaints.
- Maintains good work habits and arrives at appointments punctually.
- Works independently to meet deadlines and achieve results.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 1-2 years of general maintenance experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in commercial environment.
- Must be able to: read and understand product assembly instructions.
- Must complete internal certification programs.
- Must have basic carpentry skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good communication and customer service skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must have daily email access and cell phone.
- Must have basic tools.
- Must be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle feel or operate objects, tools or controls
- Must be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds of weight throughout assigned workday
This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking for extra work or someone who requires a flexible work schedule.
iCheck Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), iCheck will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
Job Type: Casual
- General Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Handyman: 2 years (Preferred)
- Facility Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Kenora, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence, vehicule, own tools, computer, cell phone (Preferred)
- WHMIS and Fall Protection (Preferred)