AdvantAge Ontario has been the trusted voice for senior care for 100 years and is the only provincial association representing the full spectrum of the senior care continuum. Our nearly 400 members are located across the province and include not-for-profit, charitable, and municipal long-term care homes, seniors’ housing, assisted living in supportive housing and community service agencies.
We are focused on the important work that members do and on giving them the supports and resources they need including advocacy, education, communications, and member programs and services.
We are currently looking for a volunteer part-time (26 hours per week) Administrative Assistant to provide support services to the Executive Assistant of the CEO.
- Coordinate with the Executive Assistant on all administrative activities and information requirements to support CEO.
- Respond to emails and other correspondences in a timely manner.
- Prepare agendas for staff, Directors and Managers and Board of Directors meetings.
- Book meetings on Zoom, MS Teams, Outlook
- Assist with putting packages together for meetings (i.e., Finance committee meeting, Governance committee meeting, Board meeting, etc.)
- Update manuals such as Board of Directors Manual
- Follow up with departments for changes in lobbyist registry.
- Assist with drafting meeting minutes, reports, presentations, etc.
- Assist with creating and saving data collected from surveys.
- Assist with expense reports.
- Assist with Annual General meeting preparation.
Experience and Education:
- Enrolled in post-secondary education (college or university level).
- Minimum 2 years administrative experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and demands.
- Superior organizational skills - ability to work well under pressure and multi-task numerous projects, often with competing levels of priority.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven proficiency in adapting to new technology (e.g., Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- Equally comfortable working independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of CEO office.
- High level of professionalism both internally and externally.
Part-time hours: 26 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings