Thank you for viewing our ad.
We are looking a passionate cardiovascular technologist to join our team. Windsor Heart Institute is the largest outpatient cardiovascular institute in the Windsor Essex county. Our cardiologists see up to 25 000 patients a year and are made up of subspecialists in the field of interventional cardiology, advanced heart failure and transplantation and advanced cardiac imaging.
In addition to an hourly or per study salary, the successful candidate will be enrolled in a very generous Hospital of Ontario Pension Program (HOOPP)
The right candidate will be able to:
- Perform ECG’s, room patients, enter patient medications, take blood pressures
- Prepare and place Holter and ABPM monitors, analyze/interpret monitor data
- Prepare for examinations by checking equipment, taking inventory of supplies, replenishing stock as needed
- Perform exercise stress tests independently, including preparing final reports for cardiologist interpretation
- Call patients for test appointment reminders, schedule patients.
- Have advanced knowledge of ECG interpretation
- Maintain excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Keep job-related knowledge up to date by taking advantage of educational opportunities, networking, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
- Train new staff and students
- Perform IV insertion (preferred)
- Have advanced knowledge of holter analysis and interpretation (preferred)
Required License / Certification:
· Successful completion of a Cardiovascular Technologist program from an accredited institution.
· Registration with the Canadian/Ontario Society of Cardiology Technologists
· Current CPR certification
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $19.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person