Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
The Regional Municipality of York is a place where 1.2 million residents and 52,000 businesses are proud to call home. York Region’s diversity is evident in its nine local municipalities, geography, economic development and population. The Region stretches north from Toronto to Lake Simcoe and includes many hectares of protected Greenbelt. York Region works to provide residents and businesses access to a broad selection of services and resources.
York Region delivers services to promote the health, well-being, safety and independence of individuals requiring care. The Director, Seniors Services will provide strategic and operational oversight to two long term care homes; five community -based seniors programs and the planning and implementation of York Region’s Seniors Strategy.
- Proven success into turning vision into action, and in achieving outcomes using tangible measures.
- Minimum seven (7) years demonstrated progressive experience in the Healthcare sector, with responsibilities for administering health care, congregate housing, long term care and/or seniors programs and services, program design, strategic planning, including a minimum of three (3) years’ of direct senior managerial experience that includes program, financial, budget administration and human resource management in a unionized environment.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Services Management, Business or Public Administration, Clinical or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation (e.g. Long Term Care Homes Act), industry standards, issues and communities served.
- Must be eligible for Certification as a Long Term Care Administrator by a recognized Provincial Standard.
- Demonstrated experience in managing public relations issues/concerns in a highly political environment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in strategic planning, change management design, process and implementation strategies to optimize both quality and cost-effectiveness of services
- Excellent communication skills to support the organization through change, to manage sensitive issues as they arise and to deal effectively with various stakeholders including clients, families etc.
- Demonstrated political acumen and ability to negotiate, mediate, facilitate and present information to a varied audience.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 13, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$143,657 to $168,966 annually