King’s College School www.kingscollegeschool.ca is an innovative, family-oriented, university preparatory school in Caledon East, Ontario. We empower our students to become people who will make a magnificent difference in our world.
We are a private school fully dedicated to Flexible Learning, where students have the option to attend at our campus physically, virtually, or via a combination of both (i.e. hybrid learning).
King’s College School offers:
- An accelerated learning environment where peers support and lift each other up
- A highly customized curriculum plan directed by each student
- Personalized instruction by experienced, knowledgeable teachers
- Student ownership and accountability for their own learning
- Boundless leadership opportunities in academics, arts, sports and contribution to the world
If you have a passion for teaching the elementary subjects of math, science, and English, and if you enjoy working with young people, then this could be the perfect job for you. As an Elementary Teacher at King’s, you will have a chance to make a difference in a student’s life.
We are looking for an energetic, creative and enthusiastic candidate who will deliver elementary English, Math & Science programming for a range of students in grades 1-8, complying with the Ontario Curriculum.
Our teachers provide a safe, kind, and caring environment for students to self-teach. We are seeking a highly collaborative teacher who is passionate about his or her subject areas, who actively searches for the opportunity for interdisciplinary and real-world connections, and who is innovative in the way that he or she engages students in learning. Our faculty are experienced in curriculum development and current assessment and evaluation practices.
Teachers who have been actively engaged in ongoing professional learning and are excited about making a difference in the lives of young people are encouraged to apply. Our teachers enjoy participating in the life of the school, including extra-curricular activities and social occasions.
This is a 9 month renewable contract, and the successful candidate would begin training immediately.
Hours of Work:
- Regular weekly hours are between the hours of 8:10 AM to 3:30 Mondays to Fridays (September to early June) with extra time expected for student mentoring, program planning, student evaluation, parent/teacher conferences etc.
- Occasional additional time required for attendance at school events as needed
- All staff are expected to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 year’s experience leading an elementary classroom and teaching academics (English, Math & Science); however a teaching certificate is not required
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated passion for the growth, development and overall learning for all students.
Contract length: 9 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Elementary Teaching: 3 years (Required)