Summer Student Administrative Assistant
Canadian Red Cross
The Administrative Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative duties including secretarial and receptionist duties. Additional responsibilities include administrative support the Corproate Office and coordination of the society’s annual meeting. The Administrative Assistant is also accountable for drafting, reviewing and editing time-sensitive correspondence sent by the management team. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
- Provide administrative support to client group
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions.
- Review and prepare all documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the management team.
- Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors
- Coordinate departmental office activities.
- Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain daily appointments for client group.
- Take and transcribe dictation notes and meeting minutes.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Assist with report and presentation preparation.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- Prepare travel arrangements with a keen attention to detail, where necessary. Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- Support the coordination of events including conferences, seminars, dinners, and training.
- Liaise with exhibition builders, caterers, delegates and speakers.
- Business Administration degree or diploma required
- 1-2 years experience as an Administrative Assistant is an asset