Roles and responsibilities
- Set up and run complex progressive dies without assistance to produce parts.
- Consistently and effectively, troubleshoot equipment, dies, and materials to assist in resolving operational deficiencies.
- Use attribute and variable gauges as well as, but not limited to, Keyence vision systems to ensure the production of conforming parts.
- Set up and utilize die protection devices.
- Perform routine maintenance as required.
- Utilize safety and automatic sensing devices.
- Follow established procedures for having dies properly installed.
- Move finished parts to proper areas.
- Replace new coils of steel and other components such as nuts.
- Follow procedures for recording production and quality check information.
- Make running adjustments and corrections to machines and related equipment daily to maintain optimum quality, productivity standards and specifications.
- Assist and help train less experienced employees as requested.
- Perform any related duties as requested by Supervision.
- Actively participate in area 5S and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience as a set-up operator - press within similar operating environment.
- Experience working on progressive dies.
- Ability to operate within ARaymond Hamilton Standards.
- Proven problem-solving skills, trouble shooting and continuous improvement ability.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts such as rotating and straight: days, afternoons and/or nights
- Ability to work overtime, as required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to adapt, multi task and prioritize in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills in a team based atmosphere.
- Experience in four-slide, multi-slide, or multi-forming an asset.
- Commitment to work through continuous improvement.
About the company
At ARaymond, we create cutting-edge fastening and assembly systems for the machines and products that keep the world moving. Founded in Grenoble in 1865, and still headquartered in the city to this day, we’re a family-run business with a proud history of innovation – including the invention of the press stud. Human values have driven our success for over 155 years, embodied by our servant-leadership model of management that empowers employees and puts their wellbeing first. Today we employ more than 8,000 people in 25 countries worldwide. And we’re committed to leading in sustainability for the global fastening and assembly market.
You’ll join a team at the beating heart of our company’s daily operations. And you’ll feel valued for what you bring both as a person and professional, thanks to our servant-leadership model that puts your voice and wellbeing first.
Working for ARaymond means being part of a close-knit, international team that’s always behind you. Our family-run company is home to over 8,000 employees in 25 countries worldwide. It’s been led by human values for over 155 years – and you’ll feel our spirit of respect, collaboration and innovation in everything you do.
No matter your job title, you’ll feel inspired in our culture of innovation and creativity, which generates over 1,000 new fastening solutions every year. And which enables us to create industry-leading assembly systems for everything
from electric vehicles and solar panels horticulture tools and medical devices.
You’ll have the support to take your career wherever you want it to go, with on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development to help you towards your goals. And you can take pride in being part of a company that’s committed to minimizing its environmental impact, and to preserving the ecosystems we all depend on.