At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Field Liaison would be responsible to and communicate effectively and regularly with the Field Coordinator in planning, discussing and formalizing needs of students to assist them while in Practicum. The liaison would act as support to students and Field instructors while the student is completing their practicum placement. The Liaison would be responsible for using several modes of technology. The Liaison would work with approximately 16-20 students and their Field instructors during the fall and winter term. The Liaison would be responsible for reading and giving feedback to students when they complete their learning contract, journals and midterm and final evaluation. Review monthly tasks and documented hours of students and provide feedback if concerns are identified. Work collaboratively with the agency-based Field instructors to facilitate integration of knowledge and practice. Be available to students and instructors regarding their field roles and responsibilities. Be available to and provide support for the students and field instructors to strengthen field learning opportunities and to prevent placement breakdown.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- MSW or BSW plus the equivalent of 3 years of experience working in the field of social work.
- Experience working in CFS and in Northern communities
- Experience with and working knowledge of using Educational Technology for mobile teaching and learning, CISCO WebEx, Desire2Learn (D2L), Facetime, Skype, and other technologies that will enhance contact with students and instructors-essential
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Organized, able to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment essential
- Experience working with adult learners, Indigenous students, students from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and students with disabilities
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=16896
Closing Date: August 2, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $10,157.28 per year