Cheap accommodation provided starting at $9.50 per day with free cafeteria meal every working day. www.lakelouisejobs.com for great Hotel Jobs !
Van Driver, Stewarding (Full Time, Permanent)
Looking for a nice ride in the Rockies? The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise has it for you. We are seeking a driver who likes challenges, a fast pace environment, likes to work with people and that would enjoy driving in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Stewarding Supervisor and Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Drive, Load and unload food, banquet equipment, glassware, china and chemicals between all loading docks of the hotel in a secure and timely manner
- Assist all departments with special deliveries on site or outside of the hotel
- Ensure daily inspection of the vehicle is filled out and report any damages
- Maintain the cleanliness of the delivery truck and loading docks
- Participate in the removal of garbage & recycling according to the rules set in place by the hotel and Parks Canada
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Valid Alberta Drivers licence, class 5
- Updated drivers abstract to be provided before your first shift
- Able to work in a fast moving environment
- Excellent time management and conflict resolution skills
- Self motivated, excellent communicator and empathetic
- Ability to follow directions and carry them out
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including, bending, heavy lifting and carrying heavy items
- Able to push, pull extremely heavy carts in and out of the truck
- Able to lift up equipment up to 50lbs often during the workday
Visa Requirements: Applicant must hold the proper work authorization to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 to $17.50 /hour