Founded in 1995, YES (Youth Employment Services Foundation), a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to enriching the community by providing English-language support services to help Quebecers find employment and start and grow businesses, is growing and looking to hire.
Employment Project Coordinator
The Employment Project Coordinator maintains a working knowledge of support services and external resources pertaining to marginalized youth in Montreal, as well as facilitates the referral process in connecting youth to appropriate professionals as needed. In addition, the program coordinator supports the Program Manager in the recruitment of participants, community outreach for work placements and both onsite and digital check-ins throughout work placements.
Responsibilities will include
· Build program curriculum, develop content for workshops, including materials and deliver and facilitate pre-scheduled workshops such as, pre-employability and employment, Life skills and Job Search skills.
· Recruit, select, match and train participants for special programs and events and implement/deliver quality pre-event trainings and workshops to integrate YES clients into the Quebec labour market.
· Conduct outreach to companies, experience with internship placement programs, and event planning.
· Coordinate, develop, plan and organize specialised networking events as related to YES programs.
· Maintain program statistics and relevant reporting; Provide appropriate information required for government reports (statistics, etc) related to YES programs/services
· Degree in Social Work, Adult Ed. or in a related field
· Minimum of 2 years of solid working experience and a proven track record in the areas of pre-employment and employment counselling, coordination of internships, community and company outreach, training workshops and service delivery, and recruitment fairs.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with experience in working with clients in a group setting and individual counselling.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Organized, detail-oriented
· Must enjoy working with people, with a positive, supportive approach
· Excellent Computer skills (Microsoft office 365, CRM and Smartboard, Zoom, and other applications)
· Excellent English writing and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Must be willing to work occasional evenings and must be willing and able to work remotely, if necessary
· Bilingual: Advanced English & intermediate to advanced French
· Must have a flexible approach to work, have a team spirit and a collaborative work ethic.
· Proven analytical, research and problem-solving skills
Send your cover letter and résumé
To Director of Administration and Personnel
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
YES is committed to equal opportunity employment.
Application deadline: 2020-08-07
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $44,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Employment Counselling: 1 year (Required)
- event planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- workshop delivery: 1 year (Required)
- working with marginalized youth: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19