Armstrong Milling Co. Ltd. is committed to providing customers the best possible service and products to an ever-growing industry. The company provides the Canadian wild bird seed market with its own branded products as well as custom-blended and packaged caged animal and bird seed products. Armstrong Milling has been offering high-quality wild bird seed products at competitive prices for over 34 years.
We are located 30 minutes south of Hamilton and Brantford in traffic-free Hagersville Ontario. The company has enjoyed long tenured employment in a casual work environment throughout our history. Armstong's has grown into a corporation but has not forgotten where they started. Having these characteristics enables us to provide a fast moving environment while still being able to treat our employees as a person and not a number.
Job Type / Category
Armstrong Milling is looking for an experienced individual to work within the office setting to provide administrative help with the maintenance department 3 times a week and spend an additional day assisting with the accounting department. The job would be 4 days a week with office hours of 8 am-5 pm. Please note that this position opening is for maternity contract that will extend between 12-15 months
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have 1-2 years of experience with administrative tasks, demonstrate strong organizational and analytical skills along with a thorough understanding of Microsoft office programs.
Knowledge of maintenance, manufacturing or accounting is an asset
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Order and receive parts, equipment, and supplies for Maintenance, Production, or SQF departments as directed. (A detailed list of duties and responsibilities regarding this task will be provided by the Maintenance Manger and reviewed with the Maintenance Department Administrator.)
- Create purchase orders using Epicor ERP system to be approved by management/team leads.
- Create work orders using the Maintenance Coordinator work order system and close out completed work orders when done.
- Review the maintenance log-book entries and contractor service invoices and record all work into the maintenance work order system
- Scan all completed work orders into electronic format and maintain them in the maintenance server directory.
- Conduct monthly inventories of all chemicals stored in the plant (paint room, maintenance shop, etc.)
- Print out monthly call-in list schedule for maintenance personnel and post in necessary locations around the plant.
- Inventory all plant radios.
- Print out monthly work order completion report in Maintenance Coordinator and add to SQF binder
- Assist with administrative tasks in the Accounting Department 1 day/week:
- General administration support such as accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Providing assistance with accounts payable - mailing of cheques and filing of paid bills
- Assist with maintaining current accuracy of fixed assets for new asset purchases in Fixed Asset binder
- Work with department on other admin duties, special projects and vacation coverage
- Assist department to meet month end reporting deadlines
- Must ensure compliance with all SQF requirements. Must report all food safety and quality issues of which there is awareness to the Maintenance Manager or other management personnel in their absence.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct Safety orientation training for outside contractors, update and maintain training records to ensure contractors receive safety orientation training annually.
- Direct outside contractors to specific jobs in the absence of Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Coordinator
- Maintain user names and passwords for the for the office/plant alarm system and act as liaison with security company
- Work with new vendors to provide credit information and open accounts, set up new vendors in Epicor
- Arrange shipping of parts / equipment out for repair or warranty work.
- Track mileage for hourly employees for the maintenance department and submit to Maintenance Manager for approval before sending to Accounting.
- File hard copies of documentation in correct locations as needed (hot work permits, confined space permits, inspection reports, etc.).
- Scan equipment manuals or obtain electronic copies for new equipment and save in maintenance server for reference.
- Order or arrange food if needed for meetings and training sessions if requested by the Maintenance Manager.
- Assist maintenance department in other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager
- Be willing and able to work and be trained in other positions elsewhere in the operation whenever required
- Any other task or duty deemed necessary by the Finance or Maintenance Manager(s)
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- administration: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Drivers License (Preferred)