About the Progam
Compass ELC Janet Castle is located in the City of Peterborough near Bonaccord Street and Jacksons Park. The program has an anticipated September 2020 open date. This center will be our first child care program that is linked to our administration office and professional learning space. The vision (as we continue to dream) is that this center will also be a place where we invite other educators from across North America to see first hand the practice and research of our programs.
About the Role
At Compass ELC Janet Castle you will work as an Educator alongside some of the most passionate, caring, and dedicated educators in the industry. You will spend your time engaging, connecting, and learning alongside children, families, community partners, and co-workers. These relationships lend themselves to create a place for professional learning for both our educators as well as those that we welcome through our doors.
You will model and grow a perspective of equity and strive for a deeper understanding of cultural awareness. Hours will be based on the program’s needs and funding.
Some accountabilities associated with the role include
- Planning and implementing play-based experiences surrounding children’s interests.
- Observing and documenting children’s learning.
- Building relationships with families and including them in the learning process.
- Working as part of a team with fellow Co-workers, Families, Community Partners and Children.
- Ensuring the safety of staff and children by learning and acknowledging all children’s diverse needs, backgrounds, and creating equitable opportunities for all children to engage.
- Demonstrating respect for spaces by ensuring the safety and cleanliness of all equipment, furniture, and materials.
You are passionate about early learning and care, emergent curriculum, and life-long learning. You are energetic, resourceful, and creative in your pursuits of creating learning opportunities, building connections, and engaging with children and families.
*Some positions require that you are registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and possess the training and documents required by the Ministry of Education to work in a childcare setting.
Required Documents Include:
- Standard First Aid/ CPR Level C
- Updated Vulnerable Sector Check
- Updated Immunizations/ Refusal of Affidavit
- Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators*
Educator Rates per hour
- Educators registered with the College of Early Childhood Educator’s or Equivalent have a starting rate of $18.65
- Starting rate for non-RECE is $17.65
- Premiums of up to 2.75 will be applied to eligible positions
- Eligible Split shift/school-age shifts will be provided with a $.75 increase (not including summer camp, March break or PA day shifts)
- Eligible positions will be provided with a $2 wage enhancement.
Please send your resume and cover letter
In keeping with Compass Early Learning & Care’s commitment to providing service in a manner that is accessible to all, reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants upon request. Please contact Human Resources: 705-749-3488 ext. 217
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.65 to $20.65 /hour
- early childhood educator: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Peterborough, ON (Preferred)
- Early Childhood Educator (Required)