Job Posting #899161
Project Director – Implementation Lead, UHN Connected Care
Sr. Program Director, Integrated Care and UHN Connected Care
$107,699 to $134,609 per annum
Permanent Full Time Contingent on Funding
Overview of Department
UHN Connected Care is a strategy and delivery team focused on developing and sustaining new models of integrated care. Our work focuses on improving the experience for patients, essential care partners and clinical care teams. We break down barriers to change, bringing together patients, clinicians, policy makers, funders and thought leaders to the table to build solutions together.
We are a trusted team of change makers looking to make our systems work and transform how care is delivered and experienced.
About the position
We are looking for someone to join our senior leadership team. We want someone who can listen, collaborate, connect the dots and create shared vision. You must be able to think strategically, act practically and implement judiciously. We are looking for a Project Director, to lead expansion of integrated care pathways with a focus on surgical services. As a key member of the Connected Care leadership team, the Project Director is responsible for executing projects that are high priority, complex and will have a broad impact for UHN and our health system.
You are passionate about working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team environment, and are keen to lead large-scale change to reimagine the way cared is delivered.
You have significant experience working with clinical stakeholders in acute care environments and comprehensive knowledge and experience delivering complex, multi-stakeholder projects in a public-sector environment. You are focused on improving patient care and have the ability to understand both end-user needs, as well as systems-level issues and requirements.
You enjoy rallying diverse stakeholders around new ideas, and have the ability to drive generative conversations that lead to new ways of thinking. You are passionate about taking concepts and making them real.
Assume overall end-to-end ownership of a portfolio of projects throughout the project life cycle
Guide Sr. Project Managers and Project Managers to successfully plan, implement and deliver projects within an inter-disciplinary team environment
Regularly interface with project sponsors and stakeholders to build and maintain strong relationships to ensure success through project lifecycle
Maintain a strong focus on change management and communications across the multiple stakeholders and organizations throughout projects
Participate and/or lead program governance meetings including supporting project teams at project steering committees
Work with project leaders to set project milestones and manage team to successfully meet project goals
Oversee Project Managers in all project activities related to scope, schedule, resources, communications, risk, and development of resulting project documentation
Participate in program planning including development of proposals and strategic plans
Manage staff, including allocation of staff resources, delegating, scheduling and prioritizing of staff workload
Work with staff on goal development, mentoring and coaching.
Lead hiring process for direct reports and participate in hiring process across UHN Connected Care
Report on implementation progress, risks and issues to senior management on a regular basis and identify strategies to minimize/resolve
Develop and make continuous improvements to the project management function including implementation processes
Identify, measure and report on benefits associated with projects
Manage cost estimates and budgets and report monthly to leadership team
Education & Experience:
A minimum of 7-10 years of Project and/or Program Management experience is required; over 10 years is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Health/Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large, complex projects, preferably in a public-sector environment with multiple stakeholders is preferred
- Managerial experience is required; clinical managerial experience preferred
- Familiarity with health care or health care related organizations is highly desirable
- Familiarity with health care information systems, clinical workflow, clinical terminology, clinical change management is required
Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, senior leadership from external healthcare organizations, and project stakeholders
Ability to lead diverse teams of professional employees, including clinicians
- Ability to mentor and affect desired results based on team members’ individual goals and objectives (specifically listening, coaching, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills)
- Strong tactical and good critical strategic thinking
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic project environment
- Analytical ability with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent ability to anticipate and analyze risks and issues, explore alternatives, develop appropriate recommendations with project and technical teams and present issue to senior leadership
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to understand and communicate clinical issues clearly, both verbally and through written communications
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as conflict/issue resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer relations and support service
- Excellent listening, coaching, group facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent budget and risk management skills
- Excellent problem recognition and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent analytical, prioritization, and organization skills
- Excellent training, presentation, and/or writing skills
- Proficient use of computer, software and peripheral equipment (MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
Project Management Professional (PMP) and Change Management certification is preferred
Work, Meetings and Travel Locations:
- Other certifications (e.g., Lean/Six-Sigma) is an asset
Office is in the Toronto Downtown area. Some travel throughout GTA is required.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
May 19, 2022 CLOSING DATE: UNTIL FILLED
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.