Job title :
ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SONOGRAPHER – KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Kelowna General Hospital’s Echocardiography Department is looking for Casual Echocardiography Sonographers to join its team of healthcare professionals.
The hospital is a 317 acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. Adjacent to Kelowna General is the new Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC). IHSC provides timely, much needed surgeries to patients who require lifesaving procedures. IHSC is Kelowna General Hospital’s principal surgical site and features:
- 9 specialized Operating Rooms created for Thoracic, Urology, Neurosurgery, Vascular, Plastics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Ears Nose and Throat, Orthopedics, General and Trauma surgeries.
- 2 dedicated Cardiac ORs
- A Hybrid OR where minimally invasive surgery is performed under the guidance of specialized digital imaging.
- Supporting the training of tomorrow’s surgeons and physicians through an affiliation with the University of BC’s Faculty of Medicine’s Southern Medical Programs.
- Opportunity to work using the most current equipment and techniques.
The Echocardiography Sonographer performs cardiac diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations for inpatient and outpatient examinations. In addition to adult echocardiography, the technologist is required to carry out pediatric and neonatal echocardiography as required and will be supported in further developing these skills. The Echo sonographer works in collaboration with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals and is responsible for proper use and maintenance of the ultrasound equipment.
We have clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout Interior Health. Experience the difference of working for the public sector; where it feels good to give back.
Be part of a dynamic team! To explore an exciting new career opportunity, apply online today!
Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
- Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
- Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.