Overview of Position
The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for the Maintenance Department to keep all output equipment in optimal repair, maintained in a safe and timely manner while supporting production processes and providing leadership and guidance to the maintenance team.
Please note: Flexible hours are required to provide support to all shifts based on the requirements of the maintenance team.
- Manage annual budget of $500k and provide metrics
- Support and execution of capital projects utilizing project management methodology for plant operating improvements and using appropriate change management tools.
- Develop and oversee an effective preventative maintenance program; including predictive maintenance.
- Source out vendors and contractors negotiating pricing and services, adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Develop a high-performance team around Safety, Culture and Teamwork
- Develop an effective spare parts inventory to ensure availability of parts/ supplies.
- Tracking standard metrics such as down time, equipment effectiveness, maintenance costs, PM completion etc.
- Develop training and operational procedures as needed.
- Train and evaluate staff including performance management
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, or work relate experience equivalent.
- 5 years related experience
- 5 years related experience in a leadership role
- Project management experience
- Strong organization and ability to adhere to a certified standard for documentation, follow up and accountability
- Advanced knowledge of CMMS systems
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, etc.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions quickly
- Strong employee relation, interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills.
- Lead change by example through generating unique ideas and solutions, championing new initiatives, and overcoming resistance to change
- Electrical knowledge an asset
- Experience with BRC or food manufacturing facility an asset; knowledge of HACCP and GMP regulations.
Qualified candidates should apply on or before June 17, 2019. We thank everyone who applies however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Food Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Maintenance Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- Calgary, AB (Required)
- English (Required)