Avison Young Real Estate Management Services Ontario Inc. is an industry leader in the field of third party management. Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises 2,600 real estate professionals in 84 offices, providing value-added, client-centric management, investment sales, leasing, advisory, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.
Responsible for the maintenance and general repair of the building and its systems to ensure that they are in good working order. To ensure and maintain all mechanical systems under this scope of work are in good working order and are functioning within manufacturers’ specifications, and to supervise contractors and verify that they are fulfilling all their contractual obligations, including the submission of certificate of insurance and WSIB certifications, and take corrective action where necessary.
Part of the position entails an experienced Construction Project Management background to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
You must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- A PM designation, or equivalent, and a SMT designation, or equivalent would be preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Scope of Work:
- Maintain, and where possible repair the mechanical/electrical systems.
- Oversee all contract personnel.
- Maintain, and repair where possible the general building systems including:
- snow removal
- roof repairs
- plumbing and sewer issues
- parking lot and courier movement
- pest control
- washroom and cleaning supplies inventory
- sign maintenance, interior and exterior
- windows and water penetration
- general repairs, interior and exterior
- exterior landscaping contract maintenance - excluding annual plantings
- irrigation system
- environmental compliance
- repairs and maintenance
- health and safety issues
- fire and life safety devices
- Contact contract personnel to perform repairs outside of incumbent’s skill level.
- Obtain pricing and request purchase orders from the office administrator for contractors for repair work and supplies using good judgement to ensure fair pricing and good value for money spent, while keeping within the dictated spending limits/approval levels and budget constrictions.
- Inspect the buildings and property on a daily basis, logging the conditions of same, and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Check cleaners log and take any necessary action.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of any projects to be undertaken.
- During any construction or project phase, weekly meetings with all relevant persons should be held to ensure compliance with the specification and times are being met.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach ‘best practice’ agreements. All contracts are to be taken out to tender in accordance with the Management Agreement.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) for projects from start to finish with close attention to remaining within budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities with the General Managers approval and oversite, and with the Owners written approval.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress, and prepare detailed reports as requested/required.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report any issues to the General Manager immediately.
- Provide a written report to the Manager by no later than the third day of the following month detailing repairs completed and any outstanding for the month, as well as progression on any capital and/or leasing projects underway. Detail any preventative maintenance work done and highlight any existing or foreseeable problems in the future (i.e. next 30 to 60 days) Suggest cost saving measures and advise the Manager of any tenant’s premises not being maintained in accordance with their lease or legislative requirements.
- Update all log books and the Master Operational Checklists in each site. Confirm all log books for external contractors are current and initialed where required.
- Inspect all vacant areas and report on their condition and take necessary corrective action where possible to ensure they remain in ‘show’ condition.
- Attend and participate in all bi-weekly management meetings.
- Perform complete building inspection on form provided by Manager and include with monthly report.
- Assist Manager in budget preparation by obtaining quotes and itemizing capital repairs to be included in budget.
- Meet with Tenants to ensure their satisfaction with their premises and report to Manager any concerns.
- Attend all construction site meetings to ensure that trades are performing and working within set guidelines. Work together with the Management Team to ensure that the tenants needs are being met and that building systems are not put into jeopardy.
- Supervise trades and report to the Management Team any concerns or discrepancies that may arise. Attempt to resolve issues before they become situations.
- Operations Supervisor will carry a cell phone and be available on call to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
- Operations Supervisor/Project Manager will work with the entire Management Team but report directly to the General Manager on site.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered for the right candidate with the right skills and experience.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter stating salary expectations.
While we appreciate all responses, please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)