The Account Representative is responsible to Canada Oil and Gas Sector Manager for all sales related activities within the assigned region. The company has two main sales and service offices located in Calgary and Mississauga. Some of the sales staff may be based in satellite offices. The position requires knowledge and experience in the field of engineered product sales together with a strong commitment to top-quality customer service.
Specific Job Functions:
- Manage individual sales territories in line with the company goals.
- Use a professional selling approach with clear objectives and techniques designed to meet Rotork’s corporate objectives.
- Meet with customers always with the primary objective of selling and in addition carrying out secondary objectives such as technical assistance, support and other non-value generating activities.
- Managing your territory with an aim to focus on customers that bring revenue and profit to the company. Constantly cold calling to expand our customer base and potential revenue stream.
- Delivering quality, relationship building sales efforts with the aim to build loyalty with customers resulting in increased revenue and company profitability.
- Mapping of accounts to determine the core of the buying decision and working with allies and associates to ensure that the Rotork message is delivered in line with company objectives.
- Optimizing selling time in front of customers whilst doing non-selling activities outside of these hours.
- Contributing to the “real” growth of Rotork and not being satisfied with growth increases and decreases due to economic cycles.
- Understanding the customers’ budget and what portion of that budget Rotork is currently satisfying.
- As required working within a project sales team to provide a coordinated effort to ensure the Rotork outcome. The account representative will follow instructions, provide feedback and determine the next step through the Rotork CRM program.
- Formal reporting will be kept to a reasonable level so as to not detract from the time available for selling. The following activities are mandatory and should be considered the minimum requirements: Yearly Sales Plan (Updated Quarterly); Daily customer updates (Rotork CRM); Quarterly business forecasts; Daily quotation feedback to the Sales Assistant; Monthly sales forecasting
- Other duties as required by management.
- 5-10 years of experience in a sales-focused role.
- Knowledge of and experience with the use of Microsoft Office®
- Experience in the sale of engineered industrial products through direct and indirect channels.
- Familiar with techniques required to co-ordinate the sale of products and services on capital projects as well as to resellers and end-users.
- The desire to always deliver a quality product to both internal and external customers.
- Exhibit tact and strong diplomatic skills when dealing with all staff, customers and suppliers.
- Sound time management and planning skills.
- High level of self-motivation, independence and self-reliance.
- Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to operate company vehicle.
- Valid Passport.
- Willingness to travel approximately 2 overnights per month.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to wear PPE (will be provided) and follow all company safety procedures.
- Relationship Management – The ability to build effective interpersonal relationships through good listening skills, development of trust and rapport, acceptances of differences, and willingness / ability to work with peers, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Leadership – The ability to motivate, develops, appraise, teach, counsel and delegate; which includes exhibiting and articulating management values and the company’s goals.
- Innovation – Demonstrates the ability to generate innovative ideas, solutions and opportunities. Approaches problems with curiosity and open mindedness.
- Results Driven – Maximizes effort to remove obstacles to achieve business results and establishes aggressive goals for yourself in your job function.
- Communication – The ability to convey ideas and information (verbally and in writing) simply and convincingly.
- Planning & Organizing – The ability to plan, prioritize, set objectives, and action plans to achieve results in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Customer Service – Accurately anticipate and identify customer requirements and track performance against these requirements.
- Self-Development - Demonstrates an awareness of one’s own capabilities and seeks opportunities to acquire new knowledge, skills and job responsibilities.
About Rotork. Rotork is the market-leading global flow control and instrumentation company, helping our customers manage the flow or liquids, gases and powders across many industries worldwide.
Our Purpose is Keeping the World Flowing for Future Generations. For over sixty years, the world has relied on us to create the things that keep everything moving. From oil and gas to water and shipping, pharmaceuticals and food- these are the flows on which our modern world depends. Today we're respected and admired for our people, performance and products. Our success flows from our commitment to engineering excellence, and that's what we will always pursue, safely and sustainably.
Compensation & Benefits. Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401(K), Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more.
Rotork is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Rotork is firmly bound. Rotork will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with our organization on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement