Carrier Centers is proud to be a dealer for the most trusted names in the transportation industry. With seven locations in Southwestern Ontario, we strive to provide our customers with Quality People and Quality Products. Carrier's name has always meant quality products - an unrivalled commitment to providing the highest quality of service, availability of top quality parts and a profound passion for the industries that we serve.
Carrier Centers Refrigeration in Ayr is looking to fill both experienced and entry level positions for Transportation Reefer Technicians. The successful candidate will be a team player, and will be proud to put their name on what they do, and will be responsible for ensuring and delivering outstanding customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs
- Understand that safety and continual training is and will be a constant part of this career.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary, and service required to be performed by technicians with a higher qualification level if necessary.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted, on appropriate internal forms.
- Maintains a safe and clean, productive and efficient work area
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work in harmony with others
- Experience working on truck and trailer refrigeration units and be able to perform regular maintenance as well as various repairs
- Experience with computerized diagnostics
We realize that we all have different work experiences. Therefore we also commit to provide the time and training required to properly service our customers. We have a unique business model and a majority of what our excellent staff members do is to perform scheduled mobile on-site maintenance and repairs, as well as service calls for our customers.
We offer a competitive salary, group benefits and RRSP for full time employees, and opportunities for advancement.
We ask well qualified candidates to submit their resume or to deliver their resume in person to 413 Harmony Road, Ayr, ON. We welcome the opportunity to show you what we do and how we do it.
We thank all candidates who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- working with coomputerized diagnostics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Reefer mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- 310J or 310T (Preferred)