At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our expectations :
The Fulfillment Associate assists customers, delivery team members, and Installation PROviders by pulling and preparing orders prior to pick up, replenishing shelves for next customers and loading merchandise into their vehicles. The associate helps ensure that the right products are delivered to our customers by accurately pulling, inspecting and preparing merchandise for delivery or pick up, as well as verifying invoices against loaded products. In addition, the associate ensures deliveries are ready upon truck arrival, and assists with loading merchandise, including large appliances.
Your role :
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Ensuring merchandise is in good condition, accurately accounted for, and delivered to customers on-time.
- Pulling merchandise safely for loading onto delivery trucks and helping customers and staff move merchandise safely.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Pulls, prepares, inspects, stages, and loads merchandise for customers, contractors, and delivery truck orders according to invoice or loading ticket, using power equipment when needed.
- Verifies products match invoices and orders by reviewing items, model numbers, quantities, and descriptions
- Prepares the store for business by organizing merchandise (e.g., straightening shelves), sweeping the aisles, and picking up trash and debris.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, iPhone, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, forklifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, compacter baler, tool rentals).
In addition to the above responsibilities, this individual is held accountable for other duties as assigned.
### Job Requirements
The qualifications we are looking for :
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Customer service oriented and results driven
- Ability to establish priorities and to take action
- Ability to perform under a timeline
- Safety oriented
- Collaborative and good communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.