Do you share Raymond James’ core values of Client 1st, Integrity, Independence and Conservatism? Raymond James Ltd. is seeking Financial/Investment Advisors (Advisors) who are keen to develop their career at one of our branch locations across Canada through our Advisor Internship Program (AIP). The program is designed to provide an internship to individuals that have been in the financial services for at least 3 years, is RR licensed and looking to become a financial advisor working with an existing advisory team.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The Raymond James AIP is a comprehensive and demanding career development training program that prepares Advisors to grow a successful advisory practice. Candidates will join the firm as an intern on an existing advisory team.
The AIP is a 36-month training and development program that focuses on expanding the advisors knowledge of business building strategies and successful advisor practices. The AIP is conducted as an interactive program that includes a combination of classroom training, online learning, mentorship and group coaching.
The primary responsibility of an Advisor is to provide clients with advice on financial matters with a total wealth management perspective. Interns will build relationships with high net worth clients through various prospecting methods, i.e., outbound calling, networking, seminars, direct mail campaigns and various other sales and marketing methods. The role involves understanding the needs of clients then providing appropriate options and solutions to best meet those needs.
New advisors are expected to grow their assets under administration by $8 -10 million in each of year one, two and three; while helping to support the assigned advisory team.
- Post-secondary education;
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) (valid & completed within the last 3 years);
- Successful completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) (valid & completed within the last 2 years);
- Successful completion of the 90-Day IIROC Licensing Training Program (valid & completed within the last 2 years);
- Must be registered (or eligible to be re-registered) with Securities Regulator in Province of Residence as of date of hire;
- Upon hire, the Raymond James AIP training program must be attended and successfully completed;
- Successful completion of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or equivalent within 24 months from date of hire;
- Fulfillment of IIROC continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis.
Experience and Attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years full service brokerage and/or financial industry related experience;
- Experience with using various prospecting methods to gain appointments;
- Proven finance/sales/entrepreneurial skills in an advice capacity to persons of influence;
- Working knowledge of business/finance/economics acquired through the combination of a university degree and/or related work experience;
- Knowledge of investment products and services;
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills required to build strong, positive and trusting client relationships;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills sufficient to meet multiple and conflicting deadlines in a high pressure environment;
- Ability to prepare proposals and presentation/seminar materials;
- Well-developed presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information and ideas to clients.
- Ability to learn quickly and make sound, timely decisions;
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Remuneration for this position will be commission based with a graduated salary component for the first three years.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume which highlights these job requirements and a cover letter, quoting Advisor Internship Program and your branch location preference(s) by January 31, 2020.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time