Cornerstone Co-op is recruiting for a positive and enthusiastic Yard Supervisor for our Home and Agro Centre in Wainwright Alberta.
Reporting to the Building Materials Manager, the Yard Supervisor will lead the yard team by being a lead person on shift to provide direction / assistance to the yard clerks to ensure that policies and procedures are consistently followed at all times.
This leader will be a positive role model at all times to the Yard Team and will work collaboratively with all Home & Agro Centre Team Leaders and Team Members in providing legendary customer experiences in a “You’re at Home Here” atmosphere. As a brand ambassador, you will model living the brand everyday through our Mission Statement and our values of Teamwork, Commitment and Integrity.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- contributes to a high functioning yard team by providing leadership
- provides high level safety direction and support to the yard team
- ensures that the customer experience is professional and efficient at all times
- ensures that the yard and related facilities are secure, organized and tidy
- inspects and evaluates damages to product and communicates accordingly
- communicates effectively with customers, team members and team leaders
- plans, schedules and documents all yard functions
- delegates tasks to team members
- assists in training new team members
- ensures inventory management and related reporting processes
- demonstrates building and living our brand and mission statement through words and actions
- Be a positive and contributing leader regarding Safety leadership for the areas of responsibility - contribute to building and sustaining our positive safety culture
- Demonstrates Cornerstone Coop values in daily behaviors
- Lives the brand “You’re At Home Here”
- Demonstrated initiative and drive for results
- Able to work independently
- Professional & positive demeanor – treats everyone with respect
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Enthusiastic Personality and Ability to Learn
- Excellent Communication and Organization Skills
- Experience trouble-shooting till and customer service issues
- Flexible to work a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays for a variety of shifts
- Previous Co-operative retailing experience would be considered an asset
- Minimum valid Class 5 driver’s license - with a clean driving abstract
- Computer skills are required – Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple demands - adaptable, organized, efficient and committed
- Action oriented-Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates–Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Customer Focus–Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Drives Results-Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Instills Trust-Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
Cornerstone Co-op is a leader in the CRS, serving 30,000 members from 22 different locations in 8 communities (St. Paul, Elk Point, Two Hills, Mannville, Dewberry, Vermilion, Wainwright and Provost) within a trading area 280 kilometers long in the north-east corner of Alberta. St. Paul has a population of 5,800 with all services and is located 200 km north-east of Edmonton along Highway 29.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit program (including Health, Dental and 6% matched pension, company bonus structure and discount) in a rewarding and supportive, professional and collaborative work environment that allows for learning, growth and professional development. Excellent opportunity for advancement exists.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence via Indeed to:
or apply in person at the Wainwright Home Centre:
Home & Agro Centre Manager - Wainwright
Cornerstone Co-op thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time