Are you looking for a position with the opportunity for growth?
Do you have a great attitude?
Are you customer focused?
Do you enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together?
If you can answer yes to these 4 questions we are looking for employees like you!
As an Associate Technician with Ricoh you will have the opportunity to learn the latest technology and contribute to an organization that is dedicated to imagining change. This position provides a competitive salary with benefits that include dental, prescription drug coverage and paramedical services. We also offer a matching group retirement plan, employee assistance program, exceptional training and many more perks. This position includes the potential for a fleet vehicle or car allowance as well as a company cell phone.
At Ricoh we inspire our employees to think, create and imagine.
We're interested in the future of work and how to do things differently, faster, and more efficiently. In today's fast pace and complex work environment we know it's not enough to just keep up, so instead of just changing the game -- we're reimagining it.
With our legacy of innovative technology and our deep expertise in accessing, capturing and managing information, we deliver solutions that are harnessing the power of today's changing work environments. And as one of the Ethisphere Institute's 2015 World's Most Ethical Companies®, you can be sure that we're doing it with transparency, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and pre-stage printers and multifunctional devices as required
- Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting of new equipment at customer locations
- Respond to assigned service calls at customer locations
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures at customer locations as assigned
- Identify and escalate issues requiring additional support based on a defined workflow to Helpdesk, Technical specialist, or team leader as required
- Operate a variety of hand and electronic tools to effectively and properly perform work tasks
- Ensure machines are wiped down after setup, used parts and materials are properly disposed of.
- Complete all required paperwork to ensure efficient tracking and documentation requirements are achieved
- Deliver parts and supplies to customer locations as required
- Strive for continuous improvement of all equipment, systems and procedures throughout the workflow
- Responsible for personal quality of workmanship and taking all necessary precautions to prevent customer service disruptions
- Provide excellent customer service both over the phone and face to face, as well as have an ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Maintain a positive relationship with customers through effective and consistent communication
- Participate in extended hours, shift or 24/7 on-call rotation as required to meet business demands
- Maintain accurate car parts stock, as assigned, counted quarterly
- Post secondary education, preferably in an electrical or mechanical discipline.
- Certification (Net+, A+, Comp TIA or equivalent certification) or working towards industry related certification (eg. COMP TiA, A+, Net+) an asset
- Working knowledge in Computers, Windows, Office, software for documents management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong product and technical knowledge of digital multifunction devices.
- Maintain and develop positive professional relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to improve customer support
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle.
- May be willing to work overtime to meet business demands.
- Strongly recommend that the successful candidate live in area to ensure that travel time to client sites is within our desired response time.
- Must follow Ricoh's Dress Code policy.
- Ability to obtain a background clearance is required
- Prior electronics/computer experience would be valuable assets, along with a strong desire to learn and a demonstrated work ethic
Knowledge, Skills and Personality
- Willingness to learn
- Exceptional customer service skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, highly focused and driven to learn
- Positive attitude and possess a personal pride in performing quality work
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and take initiative to improve the customer experience
- Flexible and adaptable. Demonstrate the capability to be able to multi-task and accommodate a variety of assignments at various locations on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong attention to detail and good visual skills for assessing image quality
- Working knowledge in Computers, Windows, Office, and related software an asset
- Ability to access/service equipment which may be in low, high, cramped or otherwise inconvenient locations
- Ability to act diplomatically in a professional corporate environment
- Be highly organized with excellent time management
- Basic computer / network troubleshooting skills related to connecting devices to a network is a definite asset
- Ongoing on-the-job and classroom training will be provided and the experience you would gain in the position could lead toward advancement opportunities
- Ability to obtain a background security clearance is required
We are committed to providing you with a safe, healthy, and supportive work environment that helps you to achieve your every day goals both at work and at home. We continuously work to provide you with a well-rounded benefits package and other tools to support you in all areas of your life.
Flexible Work Options
We recognize that juggling all of the various areas of your life can be difficult. Therefore, we offer flexible work arrangements depending on business needs, which allow you to achieve a better work-life balance. These flexible work options include: flextime, telecommuting, job sharing, and part-time work.
Whether it is to relax on the beach, staycation with your family, or take time for yourself, we offer various time-off programs to support your needs. Some examples include vacation with pay, the option of purchasing additional vacation each calendar year, and paid Family, Health & Personal (FHP) Days.
We want to help you learn, grow, and achieve your full potential. We offer several programs for you to create your future with us. The programs include:
- The Ricoh Learning Institute
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Education Assistance Program
Rewarding your Efforts
Our compensation strategy is developed to attract and retain the best employees in the industry. Ricoh offers and contributes to a Retirement Plan (RRSP) and depending on the role, Ricoh also offers other compensation initiatives such as commission and bonus plans.
Ricoh’s “Be The Change” (BTC) Program offers monetary and non-monetary recognition for those who go the extra mile and exemplify The Ricoh Way
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 /year
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)