We are currently seeking a full-time Research Assistant/Research Associate to join our research group, which is conducting clinical trials in the emerging paradigm of Psychedelic-Assisted Psychotherapy.
This research program is funded through research grants and charitable funding held by Dr. Kyle Greenway and Dr. Soham Rej at the Jewish General Hospital (JGH). The larger lab consists of ten full-time research team members (post-doctoral fellows, research assistants, and graduate students), as well as several other trainees (http://geriparty.com/, http://www.telehealthmontreal.ca/index.html, http://www.ladydavis.ca/en/sohamrej).
At this time, this position is primarily virtual. As this is a clinical research program the role will evolve into in-person meetings and research participant contact at Montreal sites as the Covid-19 situation permits.
Research Program Description
Our McGill/Montreal-based group of researchers, clinicians, and collaborators is building a unique research program centered on the study and development of novel combination biological-psychological treatments for psychiatric illness. One primary project, for example, focuses on a clinical trial investigating the combined use of ketamine with music and/or psychotherapy in the treatment of depression. Further research will involve the study of serotonergic psychedelics such as psilocybin. The projects will incorporate neuroimaging (e.g. fMRI, EEG) to advance the understanding of underlying neural mechanisms. The grand majority of the successful research assistant/associate candidate’s time will be dedicated to these projects.
Other projects by our team include developing standardized psychedelic scales in French, studying the phenomenology of altered states, and several ongoing randomized controlled trials (RCT) examining behavioral interventions (e.g. telehealth, mindfulness, meditation, tai chi, Yoga, MBCT, exercise, health education) in mood, anxiety, and cognitive disorders. Up to one day per week of the candidate’s time will be dedicated to these latter projects.
The successful candidate will play a foundational role in our emerging research program, including the following duties:
· Coordinating clinical trials and other projects the JGH Psychedelic Research lab.
· Leading research ethics and Health Canada applications for various research projects
· Helping prepare grant applications and the writing-up of peer-reviewed manuscripts
· Recruiting patients, and facilitating their assessment, treatment, and follow-up
· Reviewing scientific literature
· Overseeing data entry and data cleaning
· Analysing data using standard statistical techniques like regression analysis, analysis of variance (ANOVA), factor analysis, and structural equation modelling, with software such as R or SPSS
· Presenting oral and poster presentations at national/international conferences
· Supporting graduate students and junior research assistants
· Graduate degree (ideal) or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in clinical research
· Excellent writing skills in both French and English
Desired Skills and Proficiencies
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, initiative and autonomy
· Thorough knowledge of research ethics applications
· Comfort interacting with people with mental and emotional difficulties
· Complete fluency in both French and English (oral and written)
· Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data acquisition and analysis, including standard software (Excel, R, SPSS)
· Familiarity with Health Canada Investigational drug applications, is an additional asset (optional)
· Familiarity with maintaining, performing, and trouble-shooting electroencephalography equipment, is an additional asset (optional)
Salary commensurate to experience, in accordance with the Lady Davis Institute pay scale.
Approximately $35,000-40,000 (junior RA with BSc) to $50,000-$60,000 (more senior RA with graduate degree >5-10 years of experience), with benefits.
We are looking primarily for a more senior RA, but are open to receiving applications from particularly strong junior candidates.
Candidates will be asked to submit the following information:
· Your CV
· A brief half-page description of why you're interested in the position and your longer-term career goals
· Unofficial transcript(s) (including GPA)
· 2 writing samples (e.g. first-author publications and/or thesis)
· For three references: contact information including names, emails, and phone numbers
La durée du contrat : 12 mois
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $35,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19