Paragon Security is Ontario's largest privately owned and operated security company with over 4,000 employees. Our mission is to proactively protect life, property, and the assets of our clients.
We are now hiring Full Time Licensed Security Guards for Concierge and Patrol Guard positions at prestigious Condominiums in the GTA. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in condominium security and/or customer service/hospitality industry.
The pay rate is $16.00 per hour to start, with full Medical and Dental Benefits provided after a three-month probation. At Paragon, our pay rates are above industry standard and advancement opportunities are available through internal career pathing.
This position is an excellent opportunity for those candidates looking to advance their careers in security, law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), and hospitality.
Don’t have a valid Security License? No problem, Paragon Academy‘s Basic Security Training Course gives you everything you need to prepare for your Ontario Security Guard Licence test. For more details, scroll down to the ‘Security License Course’ section.
Special Minimum Requirements:
· 2+ years’ experience as a concierge in a residential condominium
· Available for all shifts that includes rotation, night, days and afternoons
· 1+ year Tactical experience would be an asset
· Police Foundations would be an asset
· Must be at least 25 years & have G License with clean record (Preferred)
· General knowledge of Security Access and CCTV systems
· Proficiency with Google, Microsoft Office applications and other residential software
· General knowledge of Health and Safety practices
· Valid Security License
· Valid First Aid and CPR
· Assists residents and visitors in a branded, friendly, proactive and efficient manner with appropriate follow-up as necessary
· Conflict resolution skills
· Enforce client’s rules, regulations, Provincial statutes, and Municipal by-laws
· Perform routine property patrols and respond to Fire Alarms
· Patrol to ensure fire extinguishers and hoses are accessible and fully charged
· True desire to satisfy the needs of resident’s queries in a fast-paced environment
· Proven verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Follow up with daily documentation in your memo book notes and incident reports as required
How to Apply:
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the posting and provide a current résumé. Additionally, Paragon offers walk-in interviews at our Toronto office (1210 Sheppard Ave. E, Suite 100), Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please note that we are closed on all statutory holidays.
Remember to dress for success (formal business attire) and bring:
· Printed Résumé
· Valid Security Licence (printed copy)
· Original CPR (Level C)
· Original Work Permit
· Printed Compliance Letter (if applicable)
· Social Insurance Number (SIN) card
Security License Course:
Paragon Academy offers a 40-hour Basic Security Training Course for Security Guards (every week in Toronto, every second week Mississauga, and once per month Oshawa). This is your starting point to a new career as a Security Guard.
Pricing: Cost of the course is $199 + HST = $225. Everything is included in this price and there are no hidden costs.
Additionally, we provide:
· Free Parking at all locations
· Toronto location is steps from the TTC station
· Free refreshments
· A guarantee that you will successfully pass the government test, or you take the training again free
About the Company:
Paragon Security is Ontario's largest privately owned and operated security company with over 4,000 employees. We specialize in securing Commercial Office Towers, Colleges and Universities, Retail Shopping Centres, Condominiums, and Hospitals.
Our mission is to proactively protect life, property and the assets of our clients. We fulfill this mission through our commitment to client satisfaction, ensuring that our Security Guards receive continuous training and ongoing investment in advanced innovative technology.
We pride ourselves on promoting from within. In fact, many key members of our middle and upper management began their careers at Paragon as a Security Guard.
For all full-time positions, we offer competitive rates, full benefits (medical, dental, and vision coverage), life insurance, 401K, perks, and more. In addition, we offer part-time and flexible schedules at over 600 client locations in the GTA and Golden Horseshoe.
· Sherbourne St / Bloor St E
· Vacation & paid time off
· Vision care
· Extended health care
· Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
Job Type: Full-time
- condo security: 2 years (Preferred)