Yorkville University has an opening for the role of Academic Administrator at its New Westminster campus.
The Academic Administrator will provide administrative support to the Campus Provost, Program Deans/Chairs and Faculty
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Governance (secretary for all academic committees (program and campus); responsible for record; communications with Regulatory Affairs
- Provide administrative and clerical support, including scheduling meetings and events, arranging travel, processing expense claims
- Set up VPA faculty meetings, required workshops, special events, etc.
- Book meetings for VPA with partner schools, business associations.
- Assist with articulation agreements and documentation.
- Conduct research for potential new programs for BC campus and compile competitor analyses.
- Assist with preparations of documents for regulatory reviews and for regulatory site visits.
- Assist in the preparation of new faculty on-boarding packages and coordination of obtaining faculty desk copies.
- Compile information required for instructor assignments and assist with scheduling in preparation for term teaching appointments.
- General administrative support including: maintaining faculty files; managing claims for reimbursement of expenses; scheduling meetings; maintaining records of Faculty Committee Meetings; etc.
- Maintains contact with all FT & PT faculty members and look after their day-to-day needs and refer them to the appropriate person when the issues require specialized attention.
- Coordinate exam invigilation schedule, including room allocation, faculty assignments and exam security
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree required, with a business or administration specialization preferred.
- 2- 3 Years experience in administration
- High attention to details
- Process orientated and creative
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Organisational skills
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to the HR department.
About Yorkville University
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is a Canadian university with a national presence. With campuses in New Brunswick, Ontario and British Columbia, Yorkville University offers professional, practitioner-oriented masters and bachelor degree programs, delivered entirely online, in class or a blend of both.
Please visit www.yorkvilleu.ca for further information
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Academic Administration: 2 years (Required)