Inventory & Purchasing Clerk - 6 Month Contract
2777 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5R 5H7, Canada Req #1050
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Purdys Chocolatier is looking for an Inventory & Purchasing Clerk to join us at our Kingsway Office in Vancouver, BC for a 6 month contract!
Reporting to the Inventory & Scheduling Manager, the Inventory & Purchasing Clerk will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support for multiple departments (Purchasing, Inventory, Warehousing). The individual will have consistent duties related to each department and will gain exposure across a multitude of processes while time allocated to each area will vary depending on the season/needs of the business.
As the Inventory & Purchasing Clerk, primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the vendor managed inventory portfolio per the direction of the Inventory & Scheduling Manager, including reconciling invoicing issues as needed
- Couriering of samples, etc to vendors (local & international) , including preparation of customs documentation for international shipments
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to report anticipated or current stock shortages that may affect operations
- Aiding in the receiving of non-inventory items and service POs as needed
- Processing inventory adjustment requests per direction provided by the Inventory Analysts or Inventory & Scheduling Manager
- Ensuring proper setup in the ERP system for external cold storage as needed
- Coordinating needs with external storage or outsourced manufacturers
- Aiding in weekly scheduled and year-end inventory counts
- Aiding in warehouse coordination as needed
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Post secondary education in Operations Management or Supply Chain Management essential (completed or in-progress)
- Candidates working towards, or having a desire to pursue, a professional supply chain certification will be an asset (APICS CSCP, SCMP, PMP)
- Desire to gain exposure and experience in multiple areas of the Supply Chain
- Must be detail orientated, organized and capable of working to deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and make sound decisions
- Strong communication skills and proven problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible in relation to handling work requirements - ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel (required), Power BI (asset), Syteline (ERP), WMS
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Temporary, Contract