Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Actuarial, the Actuarial Analyst is a key contributor in evaluating claim and policy liabilities, producing the Appointed Actuary’s report and supporting corporate planning and capital management at Echelon. We are looking to fill this position in either our Mississauga, ON or Montreal ,QC office. Great opportunity for new graduates.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual claim and premium liability evaluations and creation of l Appointed Actuary’s Report
- Assist in creating and maintaining reserve related reports
- Contribute to annual Dynamic Capital Adequacy Testing (DCAT), Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) and other capital management initiatives
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- Provide occasional support to other actuarial functions if required. Education & Experience
- University degree in actuarial science/statistics/math.
- Bilingual ( French and English) required if located in Quebec; an asset if located in Ontario
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite, VBA, R
- Minimum of 3 actuarial exams.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Competencies needed are adaptability, proactive, analytical skills and autonomous.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)