CONSULTANT, TALENT MANAGEMENT
Why Choose Bell?
Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada that specializes in the installation of Bell services, including Home phone, Internet and Fibe TV. BTS operates in the residential and business sectors throughout Québec and Ontario. With more than 6000 employees, BTS has experienced strong growth since its foundation in 1996 and continues to distinguish itself from the competition through highly skilled labour and high-caliber service.
When you choose BTS, you are choosing a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. Join our team of professionals if you want to make your career aspirations a reality. Better careers start here.
The Consultant, Talent Management is responsible for leading the execution and evaluation of processes and initiatives in support of strategic internal talent evolution. The incumbent will work closely with stakeholders at various levels of the business to ensure that projects and programs meet the needs and expectations of the organization.
What will you do?
- Provide comprehensive analysis of operational performance needs and knowledge gaps in partnership with Operations stakeholders to identify solutions that align with corporate goals and strategies
- Create and deliver training & development content to support the development of leadership and soft-skills for current and future leaders at all levels of the organization, leveraging industry and organizational best practices to identify and implement impactful strategies with focus on engagement and knowledge transfer
- Coordinate and execute the annual Team Survey process end-to-end, including data and process organization, communication, front-line support during the survey period, analysis of corporate and regional results as well as action planning
- Lead Talent initiatives in partnership with other HR and Operations Stakeholders to drive positive employee experiences, agile change management, succession planning and employee growth, engagement and retention (eg. Ops Manager Onboarding, Diversity & Inclusion, Recruitment, etc.) Identify and develop data collection tools, data sources, benchmarks and performance targets
- Monitor key performance indicators for data collection in order to evaluate the effectiveness of processes and programs, and support business decisions
- Develop and reengineer processes to drive organizational improvements
- Promote a strong high performance culture by leveraging internal mediums and allies to communicate effectively and gain support.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bilingualism (French and English) essential
- Undergraduate degree in a field such as Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development or Applied Behavioural Sciences
- 3-5 years experience in a Talent Management, people leadership, leadership development or behavioral coaching role. Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in a consulting role with strong relationship-building skills and ability to maintain successful, mutually beneficial business partnerships
- Ability and experience in delivering captivating presentations and facilitating learning activities to large groups
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Word)
Nice to Have
- Experience in administering a Learning Management System (Successfactors)
- The incumbent will work in an office and work centre environment
- Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, and beyond regular hours on occasion according to business needs
- Travel to Québec and Ontario should be expected.
Primary work location: Boucherville (Québec) || Mississauga (Ontario)
In these uncertain circumstances relating to COVID-19, interviews for selected candidates will be held via video and start dates will be flexible.
At Bell Technical Solutions, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- RRSP Match
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
- Vacation & paid time off
- Wellness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,600.00 /year
- talent management: 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19