Social Diversity for Children Foundation (SDC) is a registered Canadian charity that strives to empower youth to empower children with special needs. In Winter 2021 , SDC is hoping to run numerous ONLINE music and art programs to provide a safe environment for children of all abilities to learn and confidently express themselves while having fun. We believe that an opportunity for children to socialize and communicate with others is more crucial than ever during these unprecedented times!
We are currently seeking a music teacher to teach our program, Building Bridges with Music over online call for a few hours per week to children of various abilities and ages. If you have music experience and a teaching background, love to work with children, and wish to gain experience working in a new environment, apply now!
- Planning and executing music lessons suitable for children of all abilities
- Attending weekly programs held online
- Acknowledging the different abilities of participants and creating necessary adjustments so that every participant would be able to participate in all class activities
- Maintaining a safe and positive learning environment for children
- Communicating with parents when necessary to update them on the progress of their children
- Respecting participants and SDC staff at all times
- Clean Criminal Record Check from crimes regarding physical or sexual abuse to children, or physical, sexual or financial abuse to vulnerable adults
- Demonstrable knowledge of music
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with children is preferred, but not required
- Elementary teachers highly preferred
Contract length: 2 months
Part-time hours: 2-4 per week
Expected Start Date: 2022-01-17
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Work from home
All classes are held virtually through Zoom calls.
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19