The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity with a provincial office in Stouffville. The Society supports communities throughout Ontario. The following opportunity is available at the Muskoka Ontario SPCA Animal Centre in Bracebridge.
Position: Animal Care Attendant (ACA1)
Status: Part Time - 24 hours per week
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining effective animal care protocol and procedures. Essential functions include:
- Feeding, bathing, grooming, exercising and care of animals
- General cleaning and disinfecting of premises and equipment
- Laundry duties, customer service
- Documentation of animal care provided
- Animal transport as required
- Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as required
- Computer knowledge required
- Team Player
- Ability to work under stress is essential.
- A valid Ontario G Drivers Licence and clean driver’s abstract are required.
- The successful candidate may be required to work weekend and evening shifts.
- Previous experience and/or education in animal care
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the above qualifications, please forward your resume along with a covering letter by November 5, 2019 to:
Centre Manager, Muskoka
Please quote “ACA1” in the subject line
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722
Job Type: Part-time
- animal handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Muskoka, ON (Preferred)