St. Joseph’s Villa is one of Ontario’s largest and most innovative long term care homes. Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are proud to be the second largest organization in the St. Joseph’s Health System. Continuing the mission and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton, we are proud to serve our community.
We are the largest employer in Dundas. Our campus is conveniently located on a city bus route and offers free parking. We offer a range of challenging, rewarding careers and advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals in a health care environment.
Every member of our team matters.
St. Joseph’s Villa Employees Benefits include:
· Free Membership to our on-site Staff Fitness Centre
· Educational Scholarships, Mentorship & Support for Career Advancement
· Teaching & Facilitator Opportunities with partnership programs for community colleges, universities and secondary schools
· Recognition for Excellence through Annual Service Awards and Applause Awards
· Contributions to the HOOP Pension Plan
· Health and Wellness Benefits through Manulife Financial (eligibility & enrollment varies)
· St. Joseph Health System Employee Rewards/Discount Program
· Employee Celebrations through Spirit Committee, Staff Appreciation Week, Nurses Week etc.
We are currently seeking PART TIME ENVIRONMENTAL AIDES to join our growing and dynamic team!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for sweeping, mopping, vacuum and polishing floors.
· Washes walls, vents, lights, handrails, stairwells and windows.
· Scrubs floors using an automatic scrubbing machine
· Collects and disposes of refuse.
- Cleaning experience an asset
- Working independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Able to work scheduled or called-in days, evenings and weekends.
· Grade 10 education
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Joseph’s Villa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- healthcare: 1 year (preferred)