DO NOT APPLY ON INDEED- ONLY RESUMES RECEIVED IN PENETANGUISHENE EMAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED
Go To: https://www.penetanguishene.ca/en/townhall/resources/Employment/2020/2020-11-Water-OIT.pdf
The Town of Penetanguishene is a picturesque bilingual community with a population of approximately 9,000 located on the southerly tip of beautiful Georgian Bay. Working under the direction of the Chief Water Operator, this position will assist with water operations and ensuring the delivery of safe drinking water to the residents of Penetanguishene.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists with routine inspection, maintenance, repair of water infrastructure and appurtenances.
- Repairs fire hydrants, meters, chambers, pumping/booster stations, water filling stations, water mains, valves and any other infrastructure and appurtenances necessary for the operation of a water distribution system.
- Assists with new development deficiency inspections.
- Completes and maintains associated departmental paperwork including inspection reports, activity reports, work orders, databases, and ministry forms etc. utilizing in part computerized systems.
- Operates main line, hydrant and service connection valves to control and manipulate flow of water, isolate sections and exercise valves as required while under the guidance of the Water Distribution and Supply Operator II and Water Meter Technician.
- Adheres to Town’s Drinking Water Quality Management Standard- (DWQMS) and participates in internal and external audits related to conformance with DWQMS.
- Grade 12 graduate or suitable equivalent.
- Holds and maintains a valid Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks' Water Distribution “Operator-in-Training” Operator Certificate.
- Working knowledge of plumbing fundamentals.
- Proficiency in various computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word etc.).
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license in good standing with satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Must be available to work overtime, shift work and on-call assignments 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Rate of Pay: $24.05/hour
Contract Dates: May 4, 2020 to August 28, 2020
Interested individuals are asked to forward their resume and cover letter, clearly marked Water OIT #2020-11, no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 27, 2020 to the Human Resources Department by email
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will only be used for candidate selection.
The Town is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. Please inform us if you require any accommodations to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
Reference ID: 2020-11
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $24.05 /hour