COSTI REQUIRES A LINC MANAGER FOR ITS LANGUAGE AND SKILLS TRAINING SERVICES, NORTH YORK
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This 10-month LINC program follows the school calendar year and closes each summer for approximately 2 months. The LINC manager position is closed for 6 weeks each summer. The North York LINC program has nine (9) classes - levels Literacy to 6 and provides childminding services to participants of the LINC program in a Unionized environment.
This is a fulltime non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Supervises staff, administers the operations of the Centre and provides leadership in the development and delivery of programs.
- Manages Language and Skills Development programs (e.g. LINC, ESL, Computer Training, etc.).
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining staff, students and volunteers.
- Reviews, monitors, evaluates and researches established programs to ensure that quality service is provided and meets funder and partner's obligations.
- Develops, liaises and maintains a productive working relationship with other professionals, funders, partners and other service providers.
- Provides leadership to ESL instructors in the delivery of the LINC program, including PBLA and CLB framework. As well as CNC staff in the compliance of CNC requirements.
- Ensures that all organizational time lines are met (for grant applications, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and performance appraisals).
- Provides input into the development of Centre’s budget. Monitors, controls and approves budgetary expenses within allowable limits.
- Researches, develops, prepares, recommends and implements new programs and services.
- Develops and writes funding proposals.
- Advocates and promotes the programs and services within and outside the organization to both private and public sector.
- Participates in organization meetings and other community meetings.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Must be TESL Ontario certified.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in staff supervision and administration. Preference will be given if this experience was obtained in a language instructions setting.
- Three (3) years ESL teaching experience with working knowledge of the LINC program and Canadian Language Benchmarks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Training.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, analytical and decision-making skills, with a budget of 800,000 or more.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate in other languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with community organizations and government.
- Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing immigrants.
- Proficiency in using Internet, e-mail, and windows environment.
LOCATION: Sheridan Mall, 1700 Wilson Ave. Suite 206
START DATE: March 1, 2019
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $56,794 to 61,754 per annum (12 months) + benefits
POSTING DATE: February 7, 2019
CLOSING DATE: February 22, 2019
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #14-19, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Job Type: Full-time