We have an immediate opening for a skilled Carpenter to join our First General team in Edmonton. The Carpenter is responsible for repairing and constructing residential and commercial property buildings that have incurred damage, including, but not limited to water, fire, wind, hail and break & enter damage. The Carpenter works closely with the Project Managers and other field staff.
First General Services is an Insurance Restoration Company that handles large volumes of Commercial and Residential claims. We are committed to maintaining a professional and friendly relationship with all affiliated companies, customers and employees.
We offer * Full Group Benefits * Optional Group RRSP with employer contributions * Flexible days off and a company van. This is a full time - Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:30 position with a rotating on call schedule for after hour emergencies requiring board-ups, etc.
-Receive work orders from the Project Manager(s), review and execute tasks as requested.
- Follow scope of work unless - Communicate regularly with the Project Manager(s) on the job’s progress and if any concerns
- Install exterior and interior doors, complete interior & exterior framing, custom millwork/cabinetry, installation of cabinets and countertops
- Installing baseboard and trim
- Drywall, mudding and painting if qualified
Journeyman Carpenter preferred
Must be able to work alone, follow instructions accurately with attention to detail.
All Company and OH&S Safety Policies and Regulations must be followed
Must supply own tools.
A Driver's Abstract will be required along with a Criminal Record check will be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finish Carpentry: 2 years (Preferred)