Reporting to the Program Manager, Data Management & Technical Support is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support, customer service at reception, application processing activities, document and file management, and data entry and statistical tasks to support Unit and Branch objectives; responsible for generating and compiling reports and correspondence as assigned; providing services supporting the provision of information to internal customers, external clients and members of the public, as required.
- Successful completion of a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years clerical/administrative experience in an automated office environment including reception experience.
- Knowledge of Department and Branch services and programs and ability to relate information to meet customer needs, including knowledge of the applicable Division/Unit’s programs and procedures.
- Knowledge of general office procedures including records and information management filing systems.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications with proficiency in Word Processing and basic knowledge of Excel and Power Point software.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in dealing with difficult situations and/or respond to enquiries from internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize, as needed.
- Ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including weekends, as required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
Monday to Sunday, 8:30 am -4:30pm
How to Apply
Please apply online by May 19, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$28.02 - $30.22 per hour
This is a Replacement Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit).