Canadian Orthodontic Partners has an exciting opportunity (2-3 days a month)! We are looking for a talented Dental Assistant to join our team. Canadian Orthodontic Partners support a national network of community-based clinics in delivering personalized Orthodontic treatment. We provide an enhanced level of patient care and service experience in our clinics putting patient care above all else. Come join a team that shares, collaborates and learns with a vision of becoming the icon of orthodontic excellence by building self-esteem, one beautiful smile at a time.
The Dental Assistants provides an invaluable health care service, representing the gateway to oral health in the practice. This individual must demonstrate flexibility, strong communication and clinical skills to achieve optimal results and exceed patient expectations. You will play a critical role in providing outstanding patient care, with a cheerful can-do attitude. The Dental Assistant should be a team player in supporting all aspects of the practice including some administrative task.
- Greet patients and families in the patient area
- Bring patients in for their visit in an enthusiastic way, building a personal connection at every visit
- Ensures that patients receive optimal hygiene treatment based on clinical findings and their goal for comprehensive oral health
- Desire to help, educate and improve our patients’ lives
- Comply with clinical standards of practice requirements for Oral Cancer Screenings, periodontal disease management and Periodic Comprehensive Oral Examinations.
- Prepare and maintain all dental instruments, supplies and equipment
- Organize, clean and maintain a clean and sterile clinical area
- Complete all weekly and monthly analytics
- Attend events, meetings and/or sponsorship events.
- Travel to satellite locations if/when necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude and work cohesively with fellow team members to provide an atmosphere of trust, respect and cooperation
- Perform any other tasks delegated or assigned by the Orthodontist or leadership team
- Possess great energy for a fast-paced environment
- 1-year experience as a Dental Assistant
- Successfully completed CDA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal, an ability to make patients feel comfortable and at ease
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Experience in an orthodontic office is preferred but not required
What We Offer:
We offer the opportunity to exercise and enhance your skills working with cross functional teams in a flourishing environment. The organization also provides a competitive total rewards package that include base salary + bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Everyone who applies will be considered, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Types: Casual, Permanent
- dental assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dental Assitant (Preferred)