Do you live in the lower mainland of British Columbia and are an experienced payroll professional who values flexibility and wants the opportunity to split your hours between the Vancouver office and working remotely at home? #UN2023
Applicants must live in the lower mainland of British Columbia.
Are you seeking a position that will make a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals with physical disabilities in British Columbia?
Do you want to be a part of a dynamic payroll management team?
Will flexible hours benefit your schedule and improve the quality of your business/personal life?
If your answers to the above questions is "Yes!", then join our team to provide our clients with efficient payroll management!
About the Company:
The Individualized Funding Resource Centre Society (IFRC) is a widely recognized, busy non-profit organization dedicated to providing supports, services and programs to adults in British Columbia with physical disabilities and who live independently in their own homes. Our clients require personal home support attendants and our mission is to empower and enhance their quality of life by providing them with the business services they need to be employers.
Reporting to the Director of Payroll Services, the IFRC is seeking a Payroll Manager to work on contract with a client caseload.
The incumbent must live in BC's lower mainland and be able to work at the Vancouver office as well as from a home office.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for the full cycle, semi-monthly payroll, including remittances to CRA and WorkSafe BC, payroll reconciliations, and the preparation of clients' financial statements for government funders. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced payroll professional who values flexibility and wants to work part of their hours from a home office.
Location: The incumbent must be able to spend part of the time in the Vancouver office and be able to work from a home office. The incumbent will work largely independently after training although our staff are linked closely via technology to ensure optimum support.
Shift Schedule: Based on semi monthly payroll and financial reporting to government funder.
Competitive Compensation: The competitive compensation for this position will be based on the size of the client caseload.
Benefits: Benefits are available for eligible employees
- Prepare full cycle, semi-monthly payroll for assigned client caseload.
- Handle remittances to CRA and WorkSafe BC.
- Conduct payroll reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare financial statements for government funders.
- Maintain sound bookkeeping practices and knowledge.
- Communicate professionally with clients, demonstrating excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Ensure compliance with BC Employment Standards legislation.
- Exhibit strong organizational and time management skills.
- Utilize Sage 50 and Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrate flexibility to accommodate payroll and financial reporting schedules.
- Work independently after training, while maintaining close communication with the team through technology platforms.
- Minimum of one (1) year of payroll experience using Sage 50.
- Must be a resident of the lower mainland of British Columbia and have legal authorization to work in the country.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Familiarity with BC Employment Standards legislation.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in Sage 50, as well as Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work remotely and independently while maintaining effective communication.
This position is available for people who live in the lower mainland only.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter through Indeed, highlighting your knowledge of SAGE 50.
Two (2) professional references and one (1) character reference (i.e. landlord, colleague) will be required before hiring.
Interviews and Safety Precautions:
To ensure everyone's safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, all initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom. We appreciate your understanding.
Note: We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The IFRC supports a diverse and inclusive workplace with equitable employment of persons with disabilities.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Do you currently reside in the lower mainland of British Columbia?
Work Location: In person