Fredericton (New Brunswick), Oromocto (New Brunswick)
$43,078 to $46,467 / CR-04: $47,729 to $51,518
31 October 2020 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Intent of the process
This inventory will be used to staff bilingual imperative positions with various tenures.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- A secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in providing administrative or clerical support services.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Note: Depending on the position being staffed, one or more of the asset qualifications may be required and considered essential.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB, CBC/CBC, CCC/CCC
Other possible bilingual profiles may be established as positions become available.
Information on language requirements
Second Language Writing Skills Self-Assessment
In order to help you decide if you should apply to a bilingual position, an optional self-assessment of your writing skills in your second official language is available for you to take before completing your application.
For more information, please consult:
Unsupervised Internet Test of Second Language Writing Skills
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Thinking things through
- Working effectively with others
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Ability to perform essential clerical tasks quickly and accurately.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workload to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Graduation with a diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field relevant to the position.
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field relevant to the position.
- Graduation from the Canadian Forces QL5 Resource Management Support Clerk course.
- Experience in providing administrative or clerical support services in one or more of the following:
Procurement or materiel management
Property management or accommodations
- Experience in working in a health services environment.
- Experience in working in a military environment.
- Experience in working in food service in a military environment.
- Experience in providing front-line client service.
- Experience in using ClaimsX.
- Experience in using the Central Computerized Pay System (CCPS).
- Experience in using a human resources database software such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience in using a resource management information system such as SAP.
- Experience in using the Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS).
- Experience in using Unitrak.
- Experience in using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience in using the National Accounting and Control Point of Sale System (NACPOSS).
Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women
Information on employment equity
- Candidates may be asked to work overtime, weeknights and weekends from time to time.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
- Some positions may require Secret Security Clearance.
- For some positions, candidates must be willing and able to work overtime, weeknights and weekends.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Candidates must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
Applicants must apply on-line. Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying on-line are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605.
All information pertaining to the process will be sent by email. It is therefore your responsibility to verify your email account for new communication regarding this selection process on a regular basis.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.