Note: You must be able to complete registration documents online.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have experience in a fast-paced production line to be considered.
We will only contact those that qualify.
We are hiring for rotating Afts/Nights. There are NO straight shifts!!!!! Must be able to work week-ends and week-days! 12 hour shifts on week-ends!
Rate is $16.00/hr + shift premiums for afternoons and nights.
Come work with us at our client-a global leader in the snack food industry!
4% vacation pay on each cheque
Benefits available after 3 months
To Manually pack finished baked biscuits into moulds, packaging machines, and into shippers as well as place into trays for secondary process. Pack finished products on skids and accurately record production.
- Pick biscuits off fast-paced moving belt and feed into fast-moving machines, place into packages or trays, and then trays are to be stacked on skids.
- Load biscuits in packages on secondary process machines.
- Pack finished packages into cases and stack cases.
- Place trays or plastic moulds onto moving conveyor to feed into machine for packing.
- Load shippers into packaging machine as required
- Pack finished products/slugs/packages into shippers and feed into either packaging or case sealer machines
- Accurately record production as required
- Monitor codes and check to ensure tallies are filled in correctly
- Meet quality standards and production speeds.
- Inform Line Lead of any sub-standards with regards to product quality.
- Work in a safe manner following rules and procedures
- Report any unsafe condition to Line Lead or Line Manager
- Follow GMP rules and regulations; clean produce tray, sweep floor, and put garbage into container; keep work area neat and tidy at all times
- Other duties as required
· Work in a safe competent manner, following rules and procedures as required as outlined
in the Plant Safety Policies. Report any unsafe condition to Line Lead. Have working
knowledge of various safety programs as per the New Hire Orientation.
HOUSEKEEPING & SANITATION
· Keep work area neat and tidy at all times. Personal hygiene, clean uniforms and Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
Must take direction from Line Manager, Line Lead or any competent person regarding any reasonable requirement for the purpose of achieving manufacturing goals, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months working experience in a fast-paced factory environment as a line worker
- Physically agile and able to move with manual dexterity in fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills are required.
- A good attitude and a willingness to learn is a must.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Have working knowledge of various safety programs (i.e. Safety Training Observation program, Workplace Hazardous Information System, Evacuation, etc.)
- The ability to accurately record data.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
Interested? Click on the “Apply” button! Your resumé will be forwarded in confidence to a Kelly consultant and you will be contacted within [xx] hours. We will not share your personal information with our clients without your prior permission.
Not the right opportunity for you? You can create a profile on our Kelly Career Network to be considered for other positions.
*Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs. See what we have to offer.
Looking for more? Sign up for our Career Tips Newsletter to receive helpful tips and tricks monthly, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn& Twitter, or visit kellyservices.ca.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $16.00-$16.75 per hour
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- Store Discount
- Vision Care
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
The precautions taken right now are everyone MUST wear masks and have a daily temperature check and screening. Interviews and registration will be conducted online only.
- Packaging in a factory setting: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Scarborough, ON (Preferred)