CancerCare Manitoba, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. *We invite applications for the position of:
Department Secretary - Repost
Medical Oncology & Hematology – St. Boniface
Permanent, Full Time (1.0 EFT)
Competition #: 8-19-713505514
Reporting to the Administrative Officer, the incumbent is responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative duties for the physicians in the Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology. Duties include electronic and paper file management, preparation of documents including confidential correspondence and research grants, arranging all aspects of travel, organization of meetings and rounds including preparation of agendas/notices, recording and preparation of minutes, assisting with education and research duties, and maintaining multiple schedules. The incumbent assists with special projects and other related duties as required. The incumbent has the ability to coordinate workflow and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions, exercises sound judgment, maintains confidentiality, and is willing to assume a variety of assignments as required. The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision and be capable of carrying out the duties of this position with diplomacy, tact and professionalism. This position will be working in an administrative office, not in a direct clinical setting.
- Completed Grade XII, Manitoba standards or equivalent
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial training program, or the equivalent in education and experience as determined by CancerCare Manitoba
- Recent experience in a secretarial role with team experience – at least 1 year of recent experience
- Medical terminology, transcription and minute taking skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
Will be assessed During the Interview Process:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise with staff at all levels in the organization
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
Will be assessed During the Testing Process
- Typing 50 wpm with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to speak French
Salary: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Please submit a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this position along with a current resume which references the Competition Number 8-19-713505514.
Closing Date: July 11, 2019
*_This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
CancerCare Manitoba is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environment. If you are contacted by CancerCare Manitoba regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all that apply and advise that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- recent secretarial: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Medical Terminology (Required)
- Secretarial Course (Required)