Why Work at Ross Video?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Production Manager you will maintain adequate capacity to provide quick response to both customers and R&D, meeting targeted customer shipment lead times and on time delivery percentages.
Monitor production productivity and use resources appropriately (i.e., cross training, capacity management). Managing all aspects of flexible manufacturing, including Kitting, Assembly, Functional Test, SMT and Systems. Reviewing orders and schedules to ensure that SMT Lines and all corresponding departments are aligned to meet shipping deadlines and on-time delivery to stockrooms to ensure Systems has adequate lead-time to build and meet shipping deadlines.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
Some of the things you will work on:
You should have:
- When scheduling SMT, ensure that lines are scheduled to encompass both scheduling needs and ensure capacity efficiency with regards to minimal changeovers
- Work with Production Planning to communicate and discuss events that are above and beyond the daily workload.
- Work with MFG Support to ensure that all products meet quality standards: “We will not ship crap”
- In conjunction with Human Resources and Director, Production, responsible for all Human Resource aspects of the department (including, but not limited to hiring, dismissal, discipline, performance reviews, vacation, time-off approvals and team building events)
- Ensure Supervisors and Specialists have adequate knowledge of equipment and personnel capabilities within their assigned area
- Working with the Specialists and MFG Trainer, ensure appropriate training is provided on new processes and/or equipment as necessary, to enable full capacity and sufficient backups
- Work collaboratively with the Manufacturing Support Team and Specialists to implement new processes and procedures
- Enforce safety standards according to company policies
- Prepare, distribute and communicate on a daily, weekly, month basis, reporting that reflects quality and throughput metrics. Actively engage in ensuring the results of these reports meet standards and work with the Production Supervisor, Specialists and MFG Support to maintain results.
- Some travel may be required
- Ensure the department follows the Code of Ethics
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Post-secondary degree or appropriate experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of MAX and/or similar MRP/ERP program.
- Working knowledge of Aegis – MES and/or similar manufacturing execution programs.
- Experienced in technical manufacturing operations in a high mix, low volume environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and observational skills.
- Organized and very detail orientated.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner and able to work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules and project deadlines.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to manage a team of diverse individuals
- Upholds and maintains high product standard
- 10+ years experience in electronics manufacturing environment
- Solid management skills
Please note, certain positions at Ross Video are subject to background screening. If you are the successful candidate, you may be required to undergo a background check that may include employment verification, criminal records check, drug testing, credit checks, and motor vehicle records check for applicable roles.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work.
We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross!
We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.