Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Western Retail Services which includes The Book Store at Western; The Campus Computer Store; Books Plus; and Western Graphic Services has been serving students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees, and the London community since 1925. Our unit provides all course material and related supporting materials as required in the delivery of academic courses. We are also the official home of Western spirit products and offer sales of general books, gifts and supplies to enhance the learning environment. We provide printing services for all academic and departmental needs as well as, sales and service of computer and related electronic products as required on campus. In addition we provide sales and marketing support events on and off campus, working with a diverse mix of faculties and groups and including set up at football games.
This position is expected to be filled internally by reappointment.
a) Duties include customer support, troubleshooting, configuring, installing and setting up customer laptops and desktop computers
b) Install and support system software; (i.e. MS Office, Virus protection, etc.)
c) Install, troubleshoot and support various platforms:
(Windows 7, XP, Vista and Mac OS X)
d) Install and diagnose various hardware related issues:
(hard drive, memory, video card, system back-up, motherboard, power supply)
Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT)
HP Certified Technician
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with computer support both in hardware/software
- Experience using Windows Platform (2000, XP etc), Networking, Various Software Suites (i.e. Office, Corel, Adobe, Photoshop...).
- Written and verbal communication skills to express ideas clearly, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Reliable and dependable with the ability to consistently work assigned schedule
- Ability to follow processes and practices with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates integrity and works in accordance with Western's policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized work environment
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to prioritize and organize a fluctuating work load
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Ability to work in a manner that is compliant with confidentiality requirements as applicable
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs
- Required to work periodic evenings and weekends during peak times or as needed
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.