Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager of Purchasing and Logistics, you will be responsible for the daily Patient Care Units and Surgical Suites replenishment of inventory items and other processed sterile and unsterile supplies. Duties will include determining quantities of stock on hand required for the efficient operation of Patient Care Units including the Surgical Suites. Operating under the LEAN principles of supply chain, you will be responsible and accountable for: scanning supplies, uploading to PC, creating reservation pick slips, transporting stock, re-stocking shelves, picking supplies and responding to urgent requests. Proper material storage techniques are required such as correct identification, location, rotation and organization of materials along with maintaining tidiness and organization of nursing unit supply areas. Other duties include checking all orders for errors, and reporting them along with communicating to the Stores Supervisor any quota, supply location changes or expired stock. You may be scheduled at any SHN hospital based on departmental needs.
This Job Posting is posted under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act - Bill 195.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- High School diploma
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently and comprehend directions, along with good math skills
- Must be physically able to perform required tasks such as lifting, bending, extensive walking and pushing/pulling of supply carts
- Self motivated and able to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment independently while demonstrating the ability to work effectively as a team
- Flexibility in responding to departmental needs in a constantly changing environment
- Proven ability to accept direction and guidance and make quick assessments to solve minor problems and establish priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, communication skills, work performance and organizational skills
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Previous materials management experience
- Previous hospital experience in a medical/surgical supply/distribution environment
- Familiarity with operating a personal computer
- Working knowledge of SAP materials management system and MS Office
- Ability to speak another language is an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers