Job title :
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
SOUTH OKANAGAN GEN HSPTL
South Okanagan General Hospital in Oliver, BC is looking for Casual Food Service Workers to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
Hours of work:
- Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
- Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
- Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
- Washing dishes and utensils;
- Setting up and delivering meal carts;
- Cleaning of food service areas.
- Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
06:00 to 14:00, 11:00 to 19:00
This is a Casual opportunity.
Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health, Click Here
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Food Safe Certificate - copy must be included with application
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.