Project & Billings Administrator – Regina
Our Regina office requires a full time Project & Billings Administrator with a minimum 5+ years’ experience, preferably in an Electrical Services, Technical Services, or Engineering office environment. The successful candidate will be a very organized results-oriented self-starter with a keen aptitude for detail and working with numbers. Preference will be given to a candidate with extensive amount of experience in accounting and project-related invoicing and administration.
- Set up of new jobs in accounting system for invoicing.
- Weekly data entry of timesheets to ensure accurate job cost labour entry.
- Oversee and prepare all T&M Billing and Fixed Price Billing invoices for review and approval by the Project Manager.
- Working closely with the Project Managers, you are responsible to set up meeting to communicate, monitor and maintain the monthly billings cycle ensuring that all projects are billed and closed as required.
- Create job costs reports for Project Managers in preparation for invoicing meetings.
- Prepare all change orders, credits, backups & LEMS as needed for invoicing.
- Enter project data and invoices into other client specific software programs.
- Ensure all holdback invoices are prepared as needed on a project basis.
- Responsible to issue all invoices to customers and ensure invoices are created as per customer’s Purchase Order or other contractual requirements to receive payments in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with customer’s and/or their accounting department to ensure invoicing issues are fixed promptly and to assist with collections as required.
- Reconcile and maintain project data base to ensure proper job set up, and closure.
- Provide administrative support needed to assist Project Managers in meeting their day-to-day work load requirements.
- Continuously review and recommend process improvements to improve efficiencies.
- Assist with data entry of expenses, purchase orders, mileage logs and other supportive calculations.
- Provide backup support for office administrator.
- A Diploma or Certificate in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration from a recognized teaching institution.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in an office conducting key accounting functions and project related billings working with Project Managers preferably in an Electrical services, Technical services, or Engineering office environment.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, attention to detail and completing lengthy tasks.
- Aptitude for organizing, tracking, and monitoring work processes for a project team.
- Proven proficiency with a high level of accuracy in working with numbers, and data entry.
- Proven and proficient use of automated accounting software, preferably with an ERP system - Vista Viewpoint would be an asset.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and handle considerable volume under tight deadlines;
- Must be proficient in use of MS office suite – particularly word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Energetic self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in their work
- Exhibit a professional attitude and demeanor, including courteous interactions with customers and co-workers.
If you are interested in putting your skills and knowledge to work, and having fun while doing so, please apply online.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting and project related billing: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Regina, SK (Preferred)